ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 :: The Event Closes

<< < (3/5) > >>

worstje:
NANY is awesome, NANY is great, give us more NANY! (Waiting ~363 days is going to be a pain though...)

I must say, the software giveaway is an awesome surprise I hadn't at all counted on! :) Thanks for setting that deal up for us! :-*

One question though... why several softwares with the same/similar purposes? For example, I don't know the difference between 'Documentation Authoring' and 'Help Authoring', and the two screenrecording applications also seem like one too many. While I know Axialis (I actually used the trial for some of my minor icon adjustment fiddling in JottiQ), I don't know the other nor its purpose all that well. Of course, choice is always great - I just think more variety would also have been great.

Then again, I'll probably get yelled at for not knowing most of the apps in detail, so maybe they're far more different than the two-word descriptions so far make me think they are. :)

P.S.: Kindly cease your manhandling of my first NANY app; Cautomaton is written without an i. :tellme: :D

Perry Mowbray:
No fair counting by Australian time :)
-tranglos (January 01, 2011, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually in past NANY's I made it the last New Year's Day second on Earth (just before the date line, so after USA)... but we're being less strict about lots of things this year, so it's not a huge drama...

Perry Mowbray:
NANY is awesome, NANY is great, give us more NANY! (Waiting ~363 days is going to be a pain though...)-worstje (January 01, 2011, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, next year (at this stage) will probably be similar to this year... so it's more like 180 days  :P

I must say, the software giveaway is an awesome surprise I hadn't at all counted on! :) Thanks for setting that deal up for us! :-*

One question though... why several softwares with the same/similar purposes? -worstje (January 01, 2011, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

They all do something slightly different and in a different way and everyone's likes are different... as with all the give-aways it's beneficial to download a trial and see which one works best for you  :)

P.S.: Kindly cease your manhandling of my first NANY app; Cautomaton is written without an i. :tellme: :D
-worstje (January 01, 2011, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

:-[ Humble apologies... fixed  :Thmbsup:

Perry Mowbray:
A "NANY" installer would be interesting. Something to install all NANY software.

But that's probably a bad idea unless people all create an installer that installs to */NANY 2011/author/program name.
-Renegade (January 01, 2011, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was originally hoping to be able to use dcUpdater to do the job. Still could I guess, but I was hoping for groups in dcUpdater (so you could select "NANY 11")

mouser:
I think watching screencasts will satisfy most people who want to see all of the entries in action, and then be able to pick one or two to install.

Which brings us back to the screencasts..

This is the LAST CALL for someone else to volunteer to make short (couple of minutes) screencast of each NANY application.  It's a big job, but then the reward is the thanks of all of DC, and a free copy of the amazing Camtasia software program for recording screencasts.

If someone does want to volunteer, you must have already had some experience creating screencasts, and be able to do a reasonably good and fast job at making them.  Contact Perry or me if you are interested.  If no one volunteers I will have to do it again this year (last year's screencasts here).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version