ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Ethervane Radio 0.2.4

<< < (13/18) > >>

bob99:

Installing on my Win 7 tonight.  Meant to ask before.  Should I 1st delete the files in the folder where I placed the earlier version or will they be overwritten after I unzip and copy or move the latest version to the folder? Should I have also deleted the files in the user app data folder before updating?  I noticed on my XP this morning that even after updating it had still remembered some favorites I had chosen during my random selections with the previous version. Ver 0.1.2b didn't attempt to create the database file like the 1st installation did.

tranglos:
Installing on my Win 7 tonight.  Meant to ask before.  Should I 1st delete the files in the folder where I placed the earlier version or will they be overwritten after I unzip and copy or move the latest version to the folder? Should I have also deleted the files in the user app data folder before updating?  -bob99 (January 12, 2011, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

You did well. Just extract the new version over the earlier files. There's no need to delete anything in app data.

I noticed on my XP this morning that even after updating it had still remembered some favorites I had chosen during my random selections with the previous version. Ver 0.1.2b didn't attempt to create the database file like the 1st installation did.-bob99 (January 12, 2011, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's because the database already exists. Your favorites (and now, history) will persist, as they should.

In case I need to change the structure of the database with some future release, I'll do my best to keep the existing data, but I'm not making this a cross-my-heart promise as long as ER is at alpha stage. That said, I'm not planning on any heavy restructuring.

As for the configuration, it's still partly in flux. You can keep the configuration file as well, or you can delete it, so that ER will create a new one with all the default settings. (Defaults can change between versions, as was the case with volume control.) Pretty soon I'll add a proper configuration dialog, so this will be less of an issue.

PhilB66:
I use Ethervane Radio portable. I only replaced the .exe. If you delete the configuration files (.ini) they will be recreated once you run ER but you will lose your settings. Also, the DB is still at version 1.0. You do not need to delete the file but you may delete the 'Distrib' folder with the EthervaneRadio.xml file in it. It's not needed after ER created the DB file (.sqlite).

PhilB66:
@tranglos

How do I flush the 'History' listing? I tried to manipulate the ethervaneradio-config.ini file by changin the HistorySpan=o but ER still shows a list of radio stations under the 'History' tab. I also changed HistoryMaintain to false but no help there either, the list is still there.

tranglos:
@tranglos

How do I flush the 'History' listing? I tried to manipulate the ethervaneradio-config.ini file by changin the HistorySpan=o but ER still shows a list of radio stations under the 'History' tab. I also changed HistoryMaintain to false but no help there either, the list is still there.
-PhilB66 (January 12, 2011, 09:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

These config options don't do anything yet, and right now there is no way to clear the history inside the program. There are three things you can do:

1) delete the database entirely. ER will recreate it, as long as you have kept the "Distrib" folder from the original zip file. Downside: you'll lose your Favorites as well.

2) Download a free program to manipulate SQLite databases, such as SQLiteSpy (doesn't require installation). Open the database file in this program. There is a pane on top where you can type commands. Paste the following code:
DELETE FROM [history];
--- End quote ---
and hit F9. This will clear the contents of the history table.

3) In the configuration file, in the section "EthervaneRadio.HistoryMenuOptions", set the menu item count to zero. Make the following change:

[EthervaneRadio.HistoryMenuOptions]
MaxMenuItemCount=0
--- End quote ---

Methods 1 and 2 will clear the history, but it will start growing again as you use the program. Method 3 will ensure the History menu stays empty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version