ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Ethervane Radio 0.2.4

<< < (9/18) > >>

tranglos:
Most times it selects a station and starts playing fine.  Occasionally after selecting random Ethervane just shuts down. Immediately on the screen and a few seconds later in the task bar.
Anything else I can provide to help figure out why this happens? When I restart it and go to the debug log it's empty.-bob99 (January 11, 2011, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the report, Bob. The log is cleared when the program restarts. You'll need to find the log file and make a copy before you restart the player. On XP, the log file is located in:

c:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Ethervane\ethervaneradio\log\

It would help to know the stations which cause this error, and if it happens consistently. Feel free to email me the log file.

(This worries me a little, because the behavior you describe indicates the error may not be coming from my Delphi code. It is very rare for a Delphi app to just crash and disappear. Usually even the worst problem should end up as a message in a dialog box. A crash like you've described is much more likely to be caused by the bass dll, the library I'm using for streaming audio. It would be great to see a log file!)

...and since I'm now temporarily back on XP, my emergency laptop, I may be seeing the crash myself. Will try!

tranglos:
Just wanted to say it's a good thing I released version .2 last night, because today in the morning my Tagan power supply fried... barely a month after its 36-month warranty expired. Isn't it just cute. Blew all the breakers in my apartment, too.

Since the design of my case requires a power supply with the motherboard cable at least 55 cm long, and such are hard to come by (most are thirty-something cm), I'm now on my emergency laptop, back to XP, with no coding tools at all.

Looks like a dry week or two, until I find a suitable power supply and get it delivered.

PhilB66:
I can confirm bob99's report but i am afraid there's not much in the log file to help with debugging.

All initialization stages completed
SEARCHING : 1  Search : 251 ms  Load: 0 ms  Populate : 10 ms
Session 1 abandoned
--- End quote ---

Started ER, Esc, search for a station, double-clicled on the entry in the 'Find Radio Station' window... ER just crashed after a sec.

tranglos:
All initialization stages completed
SEARCHING : 1  Search : 251 ms  Load: 0 ms  Populate : 10 ms
Session 1 abandoned
--- End quote ---

Started ER, Esc, search for a station, double-clicled on the entry in the 'Find Radio Station' window... ER just crashed after a sec.
-PhilB66 link=topic=25068.msg231420#msg231420
--- End quote ---

Looks like it's crashing as soon as it's trying to load a station from the database, but this is extremely unlikely. More likely, the log file hasn't had a chance to flush. As soon as I have access to Delphi again, I will enable flushing the log after each and every line - that should preserve more inforomation. Too bad I can't do it right now (my main 'puter pretty much went up in smoke today, from too much exertion no doubt :-) )

Do you recall what station it was you that you tried to play? Are you running XP too? Can you play other stations successfully, or does it always crash this way?

tranglos:
Got it! Isn't it just a lucky happenstance that my power supply blew up today, forcing me to switch to an old, old XP laptop? I've seen the crash and yes, ER just puff and disappears. The log did have the name of the station that caused this, and I can confirm it crashes every time I try to play the station.

For the curious: search for "CJFH". This will produce one station. Play it, and ER will just die on the spot. Now if someone could try and see if the same thing happens on Windows 7 as well, I'd appreciate.

Sorry I can't do anything about it at the moment. As soon as my coding machine is back up, I will investigate further. Meanwhile, I'll try playing the same station using other BASS-based players (aimp, screamer).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version