ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Ethervane Radio 0.2.4

<< < (8/18) > >>

tranglos:
New release: version 0.1.2. Uploaded 2011-01-11

Download: please use the attachment link in the top message in this thread.

Changes in this version:

1. A number of new features regarding volume control:

- By default, the volume slider controls only the radio player's internal volume, not the global Windows volume as before. Previous installations will keep the earlier behavior. Delete the configuration file to enable the new default.

- Mute function is now implemented (press 'M' or Backspace to toggle). The mute setting affects only the radio player. Global Windows volume is not muted.

- Added an option to set global volume on startup to a predefined value. Disabled by default. (Can be enabled in the configuration file)

- Added an option to save and restore last-used volume for each station played. Enabled by default. (Can be disabled in the configuration file). Please note: when restoring a station's volume, both the global (system-wide) volume level and the radio player's internal volume level are updated. This is the only way to ensure consistency. It makes little sense to save and restore only the radio player's internal volume, since the global volume level may be set differently each time.

- Volume slider is updated when system volume changes (with a slight delay; only when global volume control is enabled)

2. Added a simple VU meter. (Can be disabled in the configuration file)

3. Favicon is displayed for currently playing station, if the station's website has one.

4. Station playback history is now stored: date and time the station was last played, number of times the station has been played, total time the station has been played, and the station's volume (see above). This information will be used more heavily in the future, but for now it is used to sort the Favorites menu (default: most often played stations first) and the History menu (default: most recently played stations first). Likewise, connection errors are now stored for each playback source; in the future this data may be used to prioritize sources.

5. The player's state and the name of the station being played are shown in the title bar.

6. Added navigation functions: Back (Alt+Left arrow) plays the previous station; Forward (Alt+Right arrow) plays the next station. This sequence of stations is only maintained during a single program session, similar to Back and Forward buttons in a web browser.

7. Added a feature to play a random station (press 'R'). It tries to select stations that have never been played yet. (Still needs some fine-tuning).

8. Debugging log slightly improved; shows more details and uses color-coded severity levels.

9. Lots of minor fixes and improvements.

Known issues: Nothing major yet. Playback of some stations stutters once at the beginning. This affects only some stations and other players exhibit it too, but I hate it, so I'm listing it as a bug :)

Next up: More detailed display (playback timer, current track information); search improvements (I know the search window is really weak right now); hotkeys; UI to configure settings.

happygrandad:
A great APP, nice & minimal. Suits me just fine. Keep up the good work! :Thmbsup:

mouser:
one of my very favorite things on dc is when new people are inspired to make their first post saying that they like something made by someone on the site.   :Thmbsup:
welcome to the site happygrandad, and please make yourself at home.

tranglos:
Thank you, happygrandad, it's great to have you with us!

bob99:

This is great. Added it to my LBC to find it quick.
I'm seeing an occasional glitch with it on my machine. I'm running XP Pro sp2.
From the menu, Radio > Random Station.
Most times it selects a station and starts playing fine.  Occasionally after selecting random Ethervane just shuts down. Immediately on the screen and a few seconds later in the task bar.
Anything else I can provide to help figure out why this happens? When I restart it and go to the debug log it's empty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version