ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Partial Download

<< < (2/4) > >>

Cyeb:
Haven't you heard of wget?  :P

KynloStephen66515:
GNU Wget has many features to make retrieving large files or mirroring entire web or FTP sites easy, including:

* Can resume aborted downloads, using REST and RANGE

* Can use filename wild cards and recursively mirror directories

* NLS-based message files for many different languages

* Optionally converts absolute links in downloaded documents to relative, so that downloaded documents may link to each other locally

* Runs on most UNIX-like operating systems as well as Microsoft Windows

* Supports HTTP proxies

* Supports HTTP cookies

* Supports persistent HTTP connections

* Unattended / background operation

* Uses local file timestamps to determine whether documents need to be re-downloaded when mirroring

* GNU Wget is distributed under the GNU General Public License.
--- End quote ---

@Cyeb: No specifics on "Partial Downloading" and not dedicated to that exact thing.

@anandcoral: Great tool, very very usefull indeed.  Ill be grabbing a copy of this for when I have to use my backup Mobile Broadband connection which is heavily limited and costs a lot to keep buying more usage.

I wonder if you could add "Partial Youtube Video Download" support, for the same reasons you made this.  Sometimes you get sent multiple links for the same thing, which has 8427289 different names on youtube, and, you cannot control how much it buffers, which, the more it buffers, the more usage I get charged for haha.  No problem if you cannot, it was worth asking :D

Cyeb:
My mistake...I meant to say cURL instead of wget.

--- ----r/--range <range>

(HTTP/FTP/SFTP/FILE) Retrieve a byte range (i.e a partial document) from a HTTP/1.1, FTP or SFTP server or a local FILE. Ranges can be specified in a number of ways.

http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html

KynloStephen66515:
Either way, hes made this himself, therefor, it works the exact way he want it to, and theres never any harm in having several peices of software to do the same thing eh  :P

Cyeb:
Yeah, I'll agree, it's pretty nice nonetheless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version