ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Park Cursor Aside

<< < (2/7) > >>

anandcoral:
Thanks Ath for the feedback and suggestion   :).

I will look into them and implement as soon as possible, depending on code constraint if any. Like the dual monitor, I do not have such facility neither any of my colleague, so may have to go by the books and may need someone's help here in testing it.

Regards,

Anand

Ath:
Thanks Ath for the feedback and suggestion   :). -anandcoral (December 29, 2010, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
You're welcome.
Like the dual monitor, I do not have such facility neither any of my colleague, so may have to go by the books and may need someone's help here in testing it.-anandcoral (December 29, 2010, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
Count me in 8)

mouser:
this program opened my eyes to something very strange --

not using park cursor aside, just normal use, on my 2 computers running XP, it's almost impossible for me to get the bar cursor to NOT dissapear as soon as it even hovers over a text field(!)

i don't have the "hide cursor while typing" option checked in the mouse control panel, and i'm not sure where this option is being enabled, or whether it is even controllable.

i actually find this default windows behavior quite confusing and didn't realize it until i went to try Park Cursor utility and realized that my windows is doing something more extreme by default, and i don't know how to stop it.

it was only after testing, and then trying Park Cursor on a windows 7 machine that i realized this weird behavior isn't default on all windows machines..

any clues?

worstje:
On normal Windows Edit controls, the cursor should disappear the moment you press the first key. No sooner than that, no later than that.

I am not sure what else could cause it. Have you tried making sure none of your other running apps cause this indirectly? I recall that you have an insane amount of apps running, and if any of them use a mousehook in some way, I could imagine them causing this.

wraith808:
Anand, I was using Park Cursor Aside while recording the screencast, and I noticed that when the cursor is parked, input focus is taken from whatever you're typing in.  Is this something that's happening on my installation, or is it a known thing?  And is it possible to put the focus back to whatever you're working on?  It's a pretty slick idea and implementation, but that bit with grabbing focus makes it not as useful as it could be.

Thoughts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version