ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (32/41) > >>

timn:
Ok, thanks for looking into it. I will probably remove the commas.

I have another query about usage.
I have a number of SnapDB databases and I like to use different fonts and window sizes for each.
The only solution I've come up with is to have a directory for each with its own copy of SnapDB.exe and config.ini.
I could use a wrapper to swap config.ini files but that also seems inelegant.
Is there a better way?

skwire:
Is there a better way?-timn (August 30, 2012, 05:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, there is.  I've been meaning to put these settings directly into the SNP file instead of the config.ini.  I'll add it to my ToDo...   :D

alexsan01:
Hello, skwire.
I've been using SnapDB since 2011 and have contributed with some ideas. I wanted to ask you why is the "Edit record" option greyed out when in "Filter" mode? I often have the need to edit the record i just found but I'm unable to this in "Filter" mode. If this is not possible, is it possible to keep the record selected in "Filter" mode, selected when you leave this mode?

Thank you again for your great applications.

tomos:
hi skwire,
I'm just trying this out today:
on resizing the SnapDB window, I've gotten three freezes so far - with the app hogging one full core (I killed/restarted it in between). I seem to be able to reproduce it by resizing window from the right, but also reproduced it dragging from bottom right (possibly dragging any side will work).

So far I can partially recover by changing the focus to another window and back - but SnapDB continues to hog CPU and doesnt respond properly. (I can drop down a menu but not do any more - if I alttab away/back I can drop down a different menu entry but then it freezes again.)

In the screenshot you can see that the info in the statusbar is garbled from resizing.

Everything else seems to be working okay.
Win 7 64bit

(PS you may have missed the post above mine)

skwire:
on resizing the SnapDB window, I've gotten three freezes so far-tomos (April 10, 2013, 07:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can reproduce this by grabbing the right side and shaking the hell out of it but not under normal circumstances.  I'm going to guess the issue is in the Anchor() function that I use for positioning and resizing controls.

I wanted to ask you why is the "Edit record" option greyed out when in "Filter" mode?-alexsan01 (March 19, 2013, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apologies for missing your post, alexsan01.    :(

Short answer: Utter laziness.   :D  Long answer: This might be a bit difficult to explain.  Snap DB databases aren't really databases in the relational sense (they're simple flat files).  When displaying filtered contents, what you're seeing is a new listview of matching results that have no correlation with the non-filtered view.  I haven't sat down and come up with a way to correlate the two.  Does that make any sense?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version