ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (28/41) > >>

skwire:
I was going to ask if there were any plans to allow exporting while in filter mode-daddydave (December 29, 2011, 11:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...I'm not sure why I don't allow that.  Let me see what I can do.

skwire:
@daddydave: From what I can tell, Export to CSV is available in Filter mode.  Is this what you meant?

Website | Download
v1.3.5 - 2011-12-30
    + Added a new "Web search this cell" option to the context menu.  The
      default is to use Google but you can configure any search engine in the
      Options dialog.
    * Changed the filter mode so a subset of the Edit menu is available.

daddydave:
Downloaded the version and I don't see any change in behavior I was referring to.
I am referring to File > Export rows to CSV file. The whole File menu disappears when I click on the checkbox for Filter/Read-Only mode.

To clarify further, it would be nice to be able to export a subset of records based on the filtered rows that are displayed.

I like the Web Search. I set it to search pronunciations from Forvo: http://www.forvo.com/search-hi/$$1 It works great from the right click menu, but nothing happens when I press Ctrl-W (which I think is generally used for "close window", but I don't know if that matters.

UPDATE:
Well "Copy Selected Rows" wasn't there before in Filter mode, right? I think I'd rather use that than export to CSV anyway, and I get tab separators. Excellent. That's probably all I need.

skwire:
Downloaded the version and I don't see any change in behavior I was referring to.
I am referring to File > Export rows to CSV file. The whole File menu disappears when I click on the checkbox for Filter/Read-Only mode.
To clarify further, it would be nice to be able to export a subset of records based on the filtered rows that are displayed.-daddydave (December 30, 2011, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I was focused on the toolbar button which was still available.  I've added back a subset of the File menu, while in filter mode, in this next build.

I like the Web Search. I set it to search pronunciations from Forvo: http://www.forvo.com/search-hi/$$1 It works great from the right click menu, but nothing happens when I press Ctrl-W (which I think is generally used for "close window", but I don't know if that matters.-daddydave (December 30, 2011, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Uh...yeah...about that.   :-[  See the latest build.    :D  Let me know if that works how you like.

Website | Download
v1.3.6 - 2011-12-30
    * Changed the filter mode so a subset of the File menu is available.
    ! If you're going to hotkey an action, it helps to actually add the code for
      said hotkey.  Ctrl+W now works for the new web search functionality added
      in the previous version.  (Thanks, daddydave)

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.3.7 - 2012-03-04
    + Added calendar buttons to the add/edit record dialogues.
    + Added functionality to export current data views to external scripts
      or programs.  See Help > Contents for more details.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version