ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (26/41) > >>

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.3.3 - 2011-10-31
    + Numeric columns should now sort properly for CSV files.  (Thanks, Wayne)

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.3.4 - 2011-12-03
    + Added option to disable Ctrl+A within an edit field when adding/editing a
      record.  This helps with some non-English keyboards when entering accented
      characters.  (Thanks, J. Zebrowski)
    ! Printing didn't maintain the column order.  (Thanks, J. Elmes)
    ! Copying row(s) to the clipboard didn't maintain column order.

steeladept:
I noticed some of the recurring themes on implementation of requests are limited by the ListView control.  I am not much of a programmer, and even less wrt AHK, but perhaps a solution to many of these requests would be a second "read-only" mode that uses a different control for display?  I realize that takes away a lot of the simplicity of "open, enter, close" flat-file databases, but for some users, the tradeoff may be worth it (for a mulitline view, for example).  It may solve some of your other issues regarding the ListView limitations.

Just a thought....

skwire:
I noticed some of the recurring themes on implementation of requests are limited by the ListView control.  I am not much of a programmer, and even less wrt AHK, but perhaps a solution to many of these requests would be a second "read-only" mode that uses a different control for display?-steeladept (December 04, 2011, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the feedback, steeladept, I appreciate it.  Yes, I'm limited in certain ways because of the listview control but I really don't mind since Snap DB serves a niche role in regards to databases.  If a user needs more than what Snap DB offers, I feel there are many solutions already out there (I use some of them).  You know?

daddydave:
Very handy! (I just happened to have a UTF-8 tab separated file lying around on my desk, so I thought I'd share.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version