ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (15/41) > >>

bob99:

SnapDB is great!  It's now much easier for me using it to get some lists into csv format than I was doing before.

Something I've noticed though...

I took the easy (lazy?) way out and now only allow the appending of a new column to the end.  Once appended, the user can drag the new column wherever they want.

--- End quote ---

I appended two columns, renamed each and drug them to the left between two existing columns.  When I exported to a csv and brought them up in Excel, the appended columns were still on the right side.  Not where I moved them to.

Stoic Joker:
I appended two columns, renamed each and drug them to the left between two existing columns.  When I exported to a csv and brought them up in Excel, the appended columns were still on the right side.  Not where I moved them to.-bob99 (January 21, 2011, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can confirm this behavior (using a plain text editor), the data is being saved based in the (column created or) row index order, not the order in which it is displayed. IIRC this is also typical ListView control behavior.

I'm thinking there is a function call/API to reindex the rows in a ListView control, but I can't think of it at the moment.

skwire:
SnapDB is great!  It's now much easier for me using it to get some lists into csv format than I was doing before.-bob99 (January 21, 2011, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm glad you find it useful.

I appended two columns, renamed each and drug them to the left between two existing columns.  When I exported to a csv and brought them up in Excel, the appended columns were still on the right side.  Not where I moved them to.-bob99 (January 21, 2011, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Should be fixed in the most recent build.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

IIRC this is also typical ListView control behavior.
I'm thinking there is a function call/API to reindex the rows in a ListView control, but I can't think of it at the moment.-Stoic Joker (January 21, 2011, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it's typical listview behaviour but I was able to manually get around it.

The "Convert record data to header names." sounds great (and much smoother)-Stoic Joker (January 21, 2011, 08:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Added in the latest build.

Website | Download
v1.1.2 - 2011-01-22
    + Column orders are now saved per database.
    + "Convert row data to header names" added to the Edit menu.  This is useful after importing a CSV file.
    * CSV exports should be more adherent to the CSV standard with regards to double-quotes and commas within the data bits.
    ! The column order for CSV exports didn't match up with the listview column order.  (Thanks, bob99)

DeVamp:
Lovely piece of software again Skwire!  :-*  :up:

Would the following be possible:
(I haven't read the whole topic in detail, only a quick read)

If i create a new file (ctrl+n) and I don't change anything, and i drop a csv on it, could it be possible that you check the number of columns from the first row, and then create the exact number of columns and then add the data.

Because what happens now is the following:
I create a new file, and I get 4 columns.
When I drop a CSV on it with 7 columns, I end up with all the records with only 5 columns.

Here's the testdata:

--- ---Started On,Completed,Computer,Status,Total files,Infected,Scan Type
6/4/2008 3:17:53 PM,6/4/2008 3:40:09 PM,MYPC,Scan Complete,102660,0,Manual scan
6/4/2008 3:02:28 PM,6/4/2008 3:14:14 PM,MYPC,Scan Aborted,76046,0,Manual scan
6/3/2008 9:03:35 PM,6/3/2008 9:19:14 PM,MYPC,Scan Complete,99824,0,Manual scan

Oh, and could it be possible to define the "separator" per database?
So when I create a new database, I define ',' or ';' as separator. When I then drop a scv on it, it uses the configured separator.

One more thing (probably a bug):
If I drop a scv on it, the status doesn't change to "edited", so when I close snapdb, it doesn't save the data from the scv. :'(

Thanks. :-)

skwire:
Lovely piece of software again Skwire!  :-*  :up:-DeVamp (January 24, 2011, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks.  =]

Because what happens now is the following:
I create a new file, and I get 4 columns.
When I drop a CSV on it with 7 columns, I end up with all the records with only 5 columns.-DeVamp (January 24, 2011, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

The sixth and seventh columns are actually there.  Just scroll to the right.  In the build you have, the fifth column gets auto-justified for some reason.  However, this issue has been fixed in my dev build.

Oh, and could it be possible to define the "separator" per database?
So when I create a new database, I define ',' or ';' as separator. When I then drop a scv on it, it uses the configured separator.-DeVamp (January 24, 2011, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Any reason for this?  Is there some shortcoming to the CSV format?

One more thing (probably a bug):
If I drop a scv on it, the status doesn't change to "edited", so when I close snapdb, it doesn't save the data from the scv. :'(
-DeVamp (January 24, 2011, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

This has also been addressed in my dev build.  I'm waiting on Gothi[c] to finish the member server move before uploading it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version