ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (14/41) > >>

skwire:
Can do.  Would you want the duplicated row added to the bottom of the listview or directly below the row you're duplicating?-skwire (January 14, 2011, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't really thought about it. From the point of view of my needs, either solution seems fine.-TalksToPCs (January 20, 2011, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I added that feature in the last build.  It adds the duplicated record below the focused one.  You can also use F5 as a hotkey for that.   :)

Thanks, I like Snap DB even more now!-TalksToPCs (January 20, 2011, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fantastic.  I'm glad you find it useful.   :D

Stoic Joker:
One other confusing behavior, was the programs reaction to drag-n-droping a .csv file in the client window. While it appeared to (be trying to) process the file, the result was a blank ListView. Could a .csv/.tsv file drop be made to trigger an import?-Stoic Joker (January 12, 2011, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed and added in the above build.   :D  Lots of improvements to the CSV/TSV/TXT import routines.  Please let me know if the functionality is what you had in mind.-skwire (January 12, 2011, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

(Sorry it took me awhile to make it back here) Yes, perfect ... The dynamic column creation is also quite nice. Thank you.

Is there any chance of adding an option to the import function to allow the (header row) first line of the file to be used as the column names? Similar to the radio button dialog the Excel sort function uses to keep the column names on top of a spread sheet.

skwire:
(Sorry it took me awhile to make it back here) Yes, perfect ... The dynamic column creation is also quite nice. Thank you.-Stoic Joker (January 21, 2011, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  Great to hear.

Is there any chance of adding an option to the import function to allow the (header row) first line of the file to be used as the column names? Similar to the radio button dialog the Excel sort function uses to keep the column names on top of a spread sheet.-Stoic Joker (January 21, 2011, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

This would interfere with the ability to drop multiple files onto the list so I was thinking of adding an entry to the context menu that would read something like "Convert record data to header names."  Follow me?

Stoic Joker:
Is there any chance of adding an option to the import function to allow the (header row) first line of the file to be used as the column names? Similar to the radio button dialog the Excel sort function uses to keep the column names on top of a spread sheet.-Stoic Joker (January 21, 2011, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

This would interfere with the ability to drop multiple files onto the list so I was thinking of adding an entry to the context menu that would read somthing like "Convert record data to header names."  Follow me?
[/quote]

Ouch! Yes, can't be breaking things.

The "Convert record data to header names." sounds great (and much smoother), but it might be better to add it to the Edit menu where it can be found & used, and leave the context menu free for the other stuff that people are more apt to do frequently (Keep the menu less busy so they don't have to hunt for stuff).

skwire:
The "Convert record data to header names." sounds great (and much smoother), but it might be better to add it to the Edit menu where it can be found & used, and leave the context menu free for the other stuff that people are more apt to do frequently (Keep the menu less busy so they don't have to hunt for stuff).-Stoic Joker (January 21, 2011, 08:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, the Edit menu and the context menu (right-clicking the listview) are the same menu.    :D  It's almost to the unwieldy point but I think we can squeeze one more entry onto it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version