ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (12/41) > >>

skwire:
No - I missed it completely! But now I have seen it! Is there a way that instead of the total popping up in a window it can be inserted into a cell at the bottom of column in question - perhaps beneath a divider line or something? That would make it perfect for what I need!-Beth UK (January 12, 2011, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

My hesitation is that I didn't intend for Snap DB to become a spreadsheet at all.  I mean, it's trivial to do what you want but then that summation line becomes part of the database information and its data would then be used in further calculations unless you were to delete that line.  It just seems a bit kludgy.  Does that make sense? 

TalksToPCs:
Suggestion: An option to close the 'Add record' dialogue by clicking the Enter key (like it works in most apps).
-Nikita (January 11, 2011, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi,

Great app!

I second Nikita's suggestion.
Though what I mean is that when I have selected a row, I'd like to edit it after hitting Enter.
I hate double clicking due to RSI.

I'd like to be able to duplicate a row, too.
The way I'm using it, I have lots of similar entries that need to be manually entered (or via a few snippets that I have created for this purpose).

TTP

Beth UK:
No - I missed it completely! But now I have seen it! Is there a way that instead of the total popping up in a window it can be inserted into a cell at the bottom of column in question - perhaps beneath a divider line or something? That would make it perfect for what I need!-Beth UK (January 12, 2011, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

My hesitation is that I didn't intend for Snap DB to become a spreadsheet at all.  I mean, it's trivial to do what you want but then that summation line becomes part of the database information and its data would then be used in further calculations unless you were to delete that line.  It just seems a bit kludgy.  Does that make sense? 
-skwire (January 13, 2011, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi,
I totally accept your point. I was thinking that being able to display the total would make it ideal as a 'time logger' for a University course I am doing - I have to declare personal study time - and this would make it near perfect. Currently I use a spreadsheet which is OTT for what I need, and not portable either. My suggestion was more a personal whim and I don't want to drag you away from your overall goal for the project.  :)

cranioscopical:
a 'time logger' for a University course I am doing
-Beth UK (January 13, 2011, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
With a little ingenuity you might be able to use skwire's Bestimate for this. Worth a look here's a link.

Merrylic:
Looks interesting. I will definitely check it out. Thanks!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version