ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (11/41) > >>

Beth UK:

:: Double clicking in an empty row opened the 'add record' dialogue (whereas currently it opens the 'edit record' dialogue
:: There was the possibility to use a basic 'add and total' formula for any figures entered in a column-Beth UK (January 12, 2011, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Both added in the latest build.  Please let me know if that's what you had in mind.

Love the 'click to add new record' - works well!

I think I was probably looking for something different with the formula thing - just a way to total all figures that might appear in a single column (e.g., 4+5+6+7+4 = 26). That way I could total up time spent on a task for instance, or quoted prices etc.

Could probably find some uses for this!
 :)

skwire:
I think I was probably looking for something different with the formula thing - just a way to total all figures that might appear in a single column (e.g., 4+5+6+7+4 = 26). That way I could total up time spent on a task for instance, or quoted prices etc.
-Beth UK (January 12, 2011, 06:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...did you see the "Sum column" option when you right-click a column's header?  That will pop up a message box with the total of any numbers in the column.  Is that not what you wanted?

Stoic Joker:
I'm almost positive this is either a listview bug or a bug with how AutoHotkey handles the listview.-skwire (January 12, 2011, 05:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I seem to recall that being a ListView control quirk - Ran into it once before - The rows are indexed independently of the columns.

Maybe temporarily create a second ListView with the updated (new) column arangement, and then stream the data into it before deleting the old control.

Beth UK:
-Beth UK (January 12, 2011, 06:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...did you see the "Sum column" option when you right-click a column's header?  That will pop up a message box with the total of any numbers in the column.  Is that not what you wanted?
-skwire (January 12, 2011, 06:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

No - I missed it completely! But now I have seen it! Is there a way that instead of the total popping up in a window it can be inserted into a cell at the bottom of column in question - perhaps beneath a divider line or something? That would make it perfect for what I need!

skwire:
Maybe temporarily create a second ListView with the updated (new) column arangement, and then stream the data into it before deleting the old control.-Stoic Joker (January 12, 2011, 06:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I took the easy (lazy?) way out and now only allow the appending of a new column to the end.  Once appended, the user can drag the new column wherever they want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version