ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (10/41) > >>

Stoic Joker:
It will only auto-open a file if it's in the same folder as the SnapDB.exe.  Personally, I create a \databases folder and put my .snp files in there.-skwire (January 11, 2011, 09:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Understood, my curiosity was only in regard to it auto-opening a file in the same folder with the wrong (.snpk) file extension.

On the request side, does a close current file/db sound reasonable?-Stoic Joker (January 11, 2011, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, can do, but I'm not sure what purpose it would serve?-skwire (January 11, 2011, 09:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I did allow for the possibility that I was doing it wrong... :) ...But I was looking at the possibility of bouncing through multiple .csv files, and allowing for either combining them (which I believe already works), or ("closing" the "file" ) clearing them and starting over without having to close and reopen the program.

One other confusing behavior, was the programs reaction to drag-n-droping a .csv file in the client window. While it appeared to (be trying to) process the file, the result was a blank ListView. Could a .csv/.tsv file drop be made to trigger an import?

On a brighter note: I do like the new glyphs.

Beth UK:
Liking this!

Would be great if:

:: Double clicking in an empty row opened the 'add record' dialogue (whereas currently it opens the 'edit record' dialogue
:: There was the possibility to use a basic 'add and total' formula for any figures entered in a column

:)

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.8 - 2011-01-12
    + Dropping CSV & TSV/TXT files on the list now works.  (Thanks, Stoic Joker)
    + Double-clicking a "non-row" area in the listview will trigger the "Add Record"
      dialog.  This is the area below the last record in the list.  (Thanks, Beth UK)
    + Added a "Sum column" option to the listview header menu.  This will attempt to
      sum any numbers found in the column, display the total and offer to copy the
      total to the user's clipboard.  (Thanks, Beth UK)
    * Improved the CSV/TSV/TXT import to automatically add new columns if needed.
      This applies to the pasting in of tab-delimited data as well.

Understood, my curiosity was only in regard to it auto-opening a file in the same folder with the wrong (.snpk) file extension.-Stoic Joker (January 12, 2011, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll test this a bit but it's probably an AHK file-loop quirk.

Well, I did allow for the possibility that I was doing it wrong... :) ...But I was looking at the possibility of bouncing through multiple .csv files, and allowing for either combining them (which I believe already works), or ("closing" the "file" ) clearing them and starting over without having to close and reopen the program.-Stoic Joker (January 12, 2011, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe the "New database" toolbar button will accomplish what you're after?

One other confusing behavior, was the programs reaction to drag-n-droping a .csv file in the client window. While it appeared to (be trying to) process the file, the result was a blank ListView. Could a .csv/.tsv file drop be made to trigger an import?-Stoic Joker (January 12, 2011, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed and added in the above build.   :D  Lots of improvements to the CSV/TSV/TXT import routines.  Please let me know if the functionality is what you had in mind.

:: Double clicking in an empty row opened the 'add record' dialogue (whereas currently it opens the 'edit record' dialogue
:: There was the possibility to use a basic 'add and total' formula for any figures entered in a column-Beth UK (January 12, 2011, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Both added in the latest build.  Please let me know if that's what you had in mind.

WobblyWombat:
Hi, great program, I may actually get around to organising myself a little! 8)

Not sure if its a bug or user problem, but I made a list of my collection of cutlery, with columns for type, maker, materials etc. - then after entering data, decided I wanted to add a new column on the far left. However the data did not move with the columns, so the new column contained the data from my "Type" column, the column headed "Type" now contained the maker and so on (my last column was empty). Unfortunately I tried to restore it by deleting the "new column" thinking it would just revert, but that deleted the data as well.. (silly me, should've just renamed the headings!)
Hope that makes sense, I'll add screenshot if I can.
Thanks for your work, aside from that minor frustration I love it!

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.9 - 2011-01-12
    + Added "Append column" toolbar button.
    * Due to some screwy listview bugs, I changed the "Insert column before/after"
      menu items to a single "Append column" item.  This will add a column to the
      end of your current columns.  Once added, simply drag the column to the
      position you want.

Not sure if its a bug or user problem, but I made a list of my collection of cutlery-WobblyWombat (January 12, 2011, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

What a strange bug.  I'm almost positive this is either a listview bug or a bug with how AutoHotkey handles the listview.  I tried writing code to handle it manually but it just introduced other issues.  So, ultimately, I have taken out the "Insert column before" and "Insert column after" items and replaced them with a single "Append column" item.  This will add a column at the end of your current columns.  Once added, simply drag that new column to the position you want.  I also added an "Append column" toolbar button.  Thanks for the bug report.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version