ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (7/41) > >>

mouser:
nice  :Thmbsup:

Perry Mowbray:
For now, don't include the config.ini file when you send it to a friend.  Just the .snp and the SnapDB.exe file.
-skwire (January 10, 2011, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Would a "Send to" command work in this instance?

mouser:
one thing i wanted to add -- because snapdb uses .dcupdate files for update checking -- advanced users could actually make your own custom package of snapdb and your database, and modify the .dcupdate file so that your friends check YOUR website for an updated snapdb and datafile combo.

good for if you want to distribute a custom data set and viewer with update support.

Stoic Joker:
Found a bit of a bugg and a request (both related).

While the auto open of db is nice, it's also a tad hard to defeat. I was trying to do a quick test with some of my .csv files, but had created a test.snp to play with. It kept opening. I renamed the file to test.snpk and it still opened the file (extension wasn't wrong enough?). However test.snk did successfully not open so I could try to do other thinks with it.

So, is that a bugg...or am I doing it wrong?

On the request side, does a close current file/db sound reasonable?

skwire:
It will only auto-open a file if it's in the same folder as the SnapDB.exe.  Personally, I create a \databases folder and put my .snp files in there.

On the request side, does a close current file/db sound reasonable?-Stoic Joker (January 11, 2011, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, can do, but I'm not sure what purpose it would serve?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version