ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (5/41) > >>

mouser:
nice update  :Thmbsup:

alexsan01:
Hey, I just saw your software on the NANY list. I have been looking for this exactly tool for a while. I got a Phone numbers list on Excel and I was trying to find for a tool that would let me filter the records and instantly find a number, kinda like the application "Everything" (check it out if you haven't, really useful), in which you just open the window and start typing the name of file you are looking for and it shows the result instantly.
Can I have a small request? Can you add an option to automatically place the cursor on the filter, with the filter option enabled and if possible with certain column already selected? This would prove useful if you just want to open the application and inmediatly start typing what you are looking for. Or maybe you can add a "ALL COLUMNS" in the column selection so you can search for a specific text in any column, and have it selected by default.

Thank you for this useful application. Good luck in the NANY event.

mouser:
Can you add an option to automatically place the cursor on the filter, with the filter option enabled and if possible with certain column already selected?
--- End quote ---

Maybe cleanest solution is to allow ctrl+F to put cursor in search box and enable the filter (and maybe ctrl+F again to toggle it off).
I like the ALL COLUMNS idea; and it could remember the last column selected in the filter.

skwire:
The "any/all column" functionality was on my roadmap.  Alexsan01, would a ctrl-f hotkey to toggle the filter mode be an acceptable solution?

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.4 - 2011-01-10
    + Added an extra choice in the Filter dropdown called "Any column."  This will
      allow you filter using a string that matches any column.
    + Added ability to save chosen filter per-database.  This means, to make use
      of this feature, you will need to set the filter and then save the database
      file on each database you wish to use this on.  (Thanks, alexsan01)
    + Added ctrl-f hotkey to toggle Filter mode.  (Thanks, mouser)
    + Added View > Filter mode menu option.

alexsan01, let me know if this will work for you.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version