ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (16/41) > >>

DeVamp:
Great for the fixes :-)

For the CSV : sometimes programs export data to "CSV", but they use a ; instead of a ,
It would be easy if those could be imported as well.
And sometimes an export contains "strings" with quotes.

Thanks anyway for the upcoming fixes :-)

skwire:
For the CSV : sometimes programs export data to "CSV", but they use a ; instead of a ,-DeVamp (January 24, 2011, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Silly programs...that's not a CSV file then.  =]

And sometimes an export contains "strings" with quotes.-DeVamp (January 24, 2011, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW, when exporting, Snap DB properly handles quotes and commas within the data bits.

bob99:
skwire,

Is there a maximum number of characters limit per field?
I went through the earlier posts and didn't see where it was mentioned.

Thanks,

skwire:
Is there a maximum number of characters limit per field?-bob99 (January 24, 2011, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, but only the first 260 characters are displayed in the listview though the entire field is saved.  There is no limit to the number of rows but, keep in mind, that saving and loading times will increase with larger listviews.  I have a test database of zip codes that is three columns and around 43,000 rows.  It takes around fourteen seconds to fully load on my computer.  Furthermore, there is a maximum of 200 columns allowed.  Does this answer your question?

bob99:
I appended two columns, renamed each and drug them to the left between two existing columns.  When I exported to a csv and brought them up in Excel, the appended columns were still on the right side.  Not where I moved them to.-bob99 (January 21, 2011, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Should be fixed in the most recent build.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.-skwire (January 22, 2011, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

It works fine now. Forgot to let you know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version