ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (31/41) > >>

skwire:
Hi skwire!-lilsypha (June 03, 2012, 12:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi, lilsypha, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :D

Is it possible that you might add the ability for multiple filters in the future?-lilsypha (June 03, 2012, 12:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, the way that Snap DB is written would make something like this difficult from a GUI perspective.

timn:
Thanks Skywire,
I use SnapDB regularly. It is very good for a few hundred records, I haven't tried anything larger yet.
It is very responsive on my very old laptop.

I created a new DB from a spreadsheet CSV export and ran into a small problem.
The DB contains numbers with commas eg 124,256.
These numbers do not sort in numeric order and are not added up correctly.
I could remove the commas but large numbers are hard to interpret without them.

Any chance of ignoring them in otherwise numeric fields?

skwire:
I'm glad to hear you're still using the application.  This build allows for the summing of numbers that contain commas and/or dollar signs. As usual, I've done pretty minimal testing so please let me know how it works for you in your environment.

In regards to the sorting issue, it seems to work okay for me.  Can you provide me with a list of numbers that don't sort correctly for you?  Also, which operating system are you using?

Website | Download
v1.3.9 - 2012-08-26
    * Numbers with commas and/or dollar signs in them can now be summed.  (Thanks, timn)

timn:
Thanks for the very quick update.
The totals now agree with the spreadsheet that the data came from.

Re sorting numbers
I've tested under XP and W7.
I get the same results on both.
Column 4 ^

Also comparisons using the same data
 |Column 4| |Greater than| 499
Gives only the row with 500

skwire:
The listview sorting is something that I don't think I can do anything about.  I've tried testing with the various listview sort options available to me but none of them do what you're wanting.  What is boils down to is that, programmatically, something like "1,000" is simply not an integer or a float (decimal point number).  Trying to modify the data on the fly for the purpose of a sort is well outside the scope of Snap DB, IMO.

As for the searching issue, I can try to do something about that.  Stay tuned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version