ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Naming and Shaming Bad Forums with Bad Ethics

<< < (10/11) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
...ya know, that little island that basically owns America...
-Stephen66515 (December 29, 2010, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Little island...little island...that owns America...

What! Has China finally taken over Taiwan and moved it's capital there?  :P ;D

------

BTW: Looked up 'fanny' in my BritSlang dictionary. (Only you guys... :-\)

I seriously doubt she meant it the way some people over there might take it. Especially since the "smack" part would likely require some rather complicated choreography. Possibly even special equipment.

;D
-40hz (December 29, 2010, 07:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess you would have to RTFM for that special equip 40hz

*dies laughing*

40hz:
... and the same questions are asked over and over and over again. The forum has a rather simple, yet sufficient "Search this thread" function, which is apparently not used much.
--- End quote ---
-40hz (December 29, 2010, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

To be honest, most often I don't think that's an excuse for anything at all. 

-Renegade (December 29, 2010, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agree.

Just for the record, the first quote about the "Search this thread" function isn't mine. It's me quoting TucknDar further up in the thread. Don't know why the attribution got chopped off.

:)

Renegade:
... and the same questions are asked over and over and over again. The forum has a rather simple, yet sufficient "Search this thread" function, which is apparently not used much.
--- End quote ---
-40hz (December 29, 2010, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

To be honest, most often I don't think that's an excuse for anything at all. 

-Renegade (December 29, 2010, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agree.

Just for the record, the first quote about the "Search this thread" function isn't mine. It's me quoting TucknDar further up in the thread. Don't know why the attribution got chopped off.

:)
-40hz (December 29, 2010, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oooops. Sorry. I knew that. I was just sloppy with editing. I generally try to keep the quotes short as I'm already very long-winded. :P :D

Bamse:
If you look at this forum search features you will see what I also mean by forum management. Is not default SMF and hints effort has been made to increase quality for users. "Small" things like that is what make a difference when it comes to fighting noise, stupid questions and replies. If users sense site/forum is of quality most behave and it becomes a lot easier to weed out the few who insist on being stupid. Management in a good way does not appeal to tossers - the less moderators, and as annoying their helpers, act up the better though  :P

Renegade:
If you look at this forum search features you will see what I also mean by forum management. Is not default SMF and hints effort has been made to increase quality for users. "Small" things like that is what make a difference when it comes to fighting noise, stupid questions and replies. If users sense site/forum is of quality most behave and it becomes a lot easier to weed out the few who insist on being stupid. Management in a good way does not appeal to tossers - the less moderators, and as annoying their helpers, act up the better though  :P
-Bamse (December 30, 2010, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah. I didn't know the search here had been tweaked. I frequent 2 forums that use SMF and they both have good search. I've used many others that are less than useless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version