ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: NANY Excuse Manager (v0.96 as of 12/30/10)

<< < (8/8)

kyrathaba:
Well, as I've said in some of my previous posts, I didn't really expect this program to be much-used by DCers.  It was pledged rather tongue-in-cheek (reading the program's Description).  That said, I've learned the following things while coding it, which certainly can (and hopefully will) be put to a useful application in the near future):

* How to programmatically send and retrieve Gmail using C#
* How to download/upload files programmatically using C#
* How to make use of separate threads for intensive tasks, using C#
* How to use a FileSystemWatcher object to monitor file changes, using C#
As I think I posted elsewhere, I'm hoping to use what I've learned to development a play-by-email game.  Had there been any interest shown, I'd have fully fleshed out the reporting features of the program, collating the excuses generated by DCers and maybe adding a vote-for-your-favorite feature.

So, I think I agree with you that it's a strange program, in that it probably isn't going to appeal much in its current incarnation.  I see it as a good foundational work for the following future applications:

* a group novel-writing app, that keeps all group members in synch with what the others have written (includes version control)
* as I've said, I have a couple ideas for play-by-email games
* a few more ideas, still rather nebulous

mouser:
I see it as a good foundational work for the following future applications
--- End quote ---

yep -- those sound really interesting and cool, and i definitely think you'll find use for those functions.  looking forward to it.

TaoPhoenix:
I'll upload an excuse. I can't program. Leeeeeech! : )

TaoPhoenix:
I'll Upload an excuse.

":I can\'t program.excuse.
You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are txt,jpg,gif,mpg,png,zip,rar,7z,ahk,fbs,mov,avi,mpg,rm,exe,mid,mp3,wav,grid,opml,wmv,tgz,gz,xml,ini,alias,wma,ogg. "

Doesn't take native excuses!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version