ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: NANY Excuse Manager (v0.96 as of 12/30/10)

<< < (6/8) > >>

app103:
App, what program did you create the icon with?  I don't know much about this, but I assume you set white as the transparent color, and that's what helps make it look good on the form's title bar?
-kyrathaba (December 25, 2010, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have never done my icons completely in an icon editor...always did the art in an app more suited to creating art and then importing it into the icon software. There was no setting of any color as transparent.

I used Paintshop Pro v7 to do the actual image, starting with a transparent background and building everything in layers on top of that, saving as a png (auto-merges layers, preserves transparent background), then importing the png into IcoFx

IcoFx is free, and you can use whatever art program you prefer (Photoshop, Gimp, Paintshop Pro, etc).

kyrathaba:
Nice job!  :Thmbsup:  Thanks again  :)

kyrathaba:
Okay, I just released v0.94, a fairly hefty update (adds about another 150 lines of code).  See the Version History of the OP for details, but this newest version includes the ability for the developer to log-in to his email account and selectively download any emails that have been sent by program users (presumably DC members) -- including their individual excuse files as email attachments.

Tested this with eight emails in my Inbox (3 of which matched criteria the program looks for).  Dowloaded 3 sets of email attachments (5 attachments per set), and copied them into a separate subdirectory for each emailer.

Quite pleased with this  :D

kyrathaba:
Version 0.95 doesn't really introduce any new functionality, so far as users would notice, but it's important in that it isolates what can be a moderately intensive foreach-loop (that retrieves and processes emails) into its own BackgroundWorker thread, so that the UI doesn't become "choppy"/unresponsive.

I'm also thankful to fodder and Ath for their help in another thread with some InnoSetup questions I had.  I'm learning a lot by working on this project, and that's what it's all about!

Version 0.96 will examine all downloaded attachments (which are the excuse files that the program's users have emailed to me), and will process them.  This will involve determining:

* the overall number of excuse files downloaded
* the total number of program users who have sent excuse files as email attachments
* how many total excuse files each individual program user has sent
* the total number of times each individual has sent an email
... that kind of stuff.  I'll use these excuse files to programmatically build a webpage and upload to my website, for everyone to enjoy.

I also plan to make the text boxes for "Excuse" and "Result" multiline-capable, so that those that need to type a bit more can do so.

kyrathaba:
I've about got NEM wrapped up.  I'll upload installer and screencast either tonight or tomorrow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version