ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

complete 180 on mouse preference - what's the best cheap mouse?

<< < (15/17) > >>

tomos:
How many people on DC are ambidextrous, I wonder? Random curiosity...
-Darwin (January 06, 2011, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

depends on your definition -
I use the mouse in both hands but if I have to do fine work it's much easier with my left.
I only started cause I totally screwed up my main hand (for a good while too) when I began using computers (drawing). I was working on a high table with the hard right-angled edge sticking into my wrist....

I used my right hand almost exclusively as training (& to give my left a rest). Brushing teeth with the wrong hand is actually very challenging if you havent done it before!

superboyac:
I used my right hand almost exclusively as training (& to give my left a rest). Brushing teeth with the wrong hand is actually very challenging if you havent done it before!
-tomos (January 06, 2011, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
When I was in college and playing a lot of basketball, I wanted to work on my left hand so I started doing a lot of things with it to get used to it.  Brushing teeth was one of them.  Now, I'm so used to it, I feel more comfortable with it than the right.  Two days ago, I tried out that P90x (don't laugh), and I got so sore, I couldn't move my left arm, so I had to brush my teeth with my right, and I was surprised by how awkward it felt.  First time I can say I do something better with my left hand than the right.  By the way, it's too early for me to tell, but I think that P90x is as good of a home workout system as you can hope for.  I'm in relatively good shape and am very athletic, and it kicked my ass.  I'm so busy now, i don't get to excercise regularly so I wanted something I can do at home for an hour that would not only be effective, but also not boring.  Most home workout gimmicks will either be super boring, or not work you hard enough.  I've seen people do the easy ones for like two years and not see results, and I'm thinking, man, it's just not intense enough, can't you tell after two years??  Then, the other ones may be intense, but inconvenient with equipment or just a little too weird (think of all the weird doo-dads, thighmaster, etc.).  Anyway, there's nothing really that unique about P90x.  It's not like it's a revolutionary machine or anything.  It's all just normal stuff: pushups, pullups, things with dumbbells, stretching, etc.  What's great about it is the pacing of the video, it's like having a personal instructor on video, and it seems to be effective.

I don't know why I just went off on that, it's because my arm is so sore.

cranioscopical:
Brushing teeth with the wrong hand is actually very challenging if you havent done it before!
-tomos (January 06, 2011, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Have to agree with that. When I decided to try for cross-dominance I created a new meaning for the toothbrush moustache.

cranioscopical:
You mean this...
 (see attachment in previous post)

-nudone (January 06, 2011, 10:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, if you're not using those it really does confirm that you've lost your marbles!

J-Mac:

The question is. Do I now hunt for a second used MX Revolution on eBay (to use on my secondary pc), pay more than it's worth, and then decide I don't like it - again, and finally end up getting a trackball or something else I'll worry about.
-nudone (January 06, 2011, 05:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Although I don’t use the MX Revo anymore - too damned many have failed on me - I always had a few on hand at my house. I used Web Site Watcher to keep an eye on pricing at Amazon, Newegg, and a couple other sites and only purchased one when the price went below $50. This was back when it was fairly new and very popular and sold normally for ~$90 new. Every once in a while one shop or another would have a sale and I would pick up one or two, depending on how low the price was.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version