ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

complete 180 on mouse preference - what's the best cheap mouse?

<< < (13/17) > >>

nudone:
Okay, I exaggerated (a little). I don't lift the mouse every time I move it; just a lot of times.

This can't be that uncommon? My wrist tends to stay fixed, acting as the pivot for my hand. So that means lifting the mouse a lot to get the cursor to travel plenty of distance. This just feels a lot less trouble than moving my whole arm to get the same cursor movement.

Oh, and another thing I've not realised. This MX Revolutions "thumb" button thing is really annoying and in the way. No wonder that they've removed on the updated Logitech Performance mouse.

tomos:
Okay, I exaggerated (a little). I don't lift the mouse every time I move it; just a lot of times.

This can't be that uncommon? My wrist tends to stay fixed, acting as the pivot for my hand. So that means lifting the mouse a lot to get the cursor to travel plenty of distance. This just feels a lot less trouble than moving my whole arm to get the same cursor movement.
-nudone (January 04, 2011, 06:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

funny, I hadn't noticed it before but I do the same (luckily I never did go for a wireless mouse)

I have the MX310 as my main mouse - because it's symmetrical - so can be used left & right. It's lasting well, but unfortunately not made any more - so good to get a few tips here

Stoic Joker:
This can't be that uncommon? My wrist tends to stay fixed, acting as the pivot for my hand. So that means lifting the mouse a lot to get the cursor to travel plenty of distance. This just feels a lot less trouble than moving my whole arm to get the same cursor movement.-nudone (January 04, 2011, 06:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Especially with multiple monitors (and/or some wide ones) it's basically mandatory (i think). I do it most frequently when jumping between windows that are on opposite sides of the desktop.

Move cursor to new work-area center position, then lift mouse and set back down on center of pad where your (unmoved) wrist is most comfortable. I'll be willing to bet most people do this - but unconsciously.

Right? :)

Darwin:
I have the MX310 as my main mouse - because it's symmetrical - so can be used left & right.
-tomos (January 04, 2011, 07:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

I mothballed my MS v6000 wireless mouse in favour of an HP Elite Desktop (wireless) mouse for this reason. It's also a LOT lighter and easier to push around than the MS unit and, finally, the scroll wheel "clicks" properly (ie functions as a middle button) whereas the last two MS mice that I have used have been really flaky. Pity, really, because the v6000 is only a few months old and I really liked the programmable buttons... However, I rarely used them beyond the occasional "gee whiz, neato, I can do this with my mouse" moment.

nudone:
I (almost) can't believe I'm saying this. It's enough to make me think I should never post on a forum ever again...

I've now got the MX Revolution and the M500 side-by-side so I can really, really, REALLY, notice the differences. And, I prefer the Revolution. It's the heaviest but other than that it feels the best. It glides better and fits under my hand better as it's slightly higher and shorter.

So, it looks like I'm sticking with the MX Revolution after all (the second M500 that arrived this morning can sit on the desk reminding me not to order things that I don't need, just like the three tablet pcs that I've yet to use). I really shouldn't be allowed to buy things online.

The question is. Do I now hunt for a second used MX Revolution on eBay (to use on my secondary pc), pay more than it's worth, and then decide I don't like it - again, and finally end up getting a trackball or something else I'll worry about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version