ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

complete 180 on mouse preference - what's the best cheap mouse?

<< < (5/17) > >>

Renegade:
...StrokeIt just feels better...

...using something like StrokeIt means you can have those gestures...
-nudone (December 25, 2010, 05:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Selective editing. :P

nudone:
True to form, I've gone and done another 180 and have reverted back to using the dodgy Logitech MX Revolution. The cheapo corded mouse I mentioned that was "perfect" started moving my cursor around in a random manner; so I just had to get the MX mouse working again.

And, for the moment, it is working. Maybe there was a micron of dust inside the switch causing all the trouble - who knows.

To be on the safe side I've ordered what looks like an decent mouse, a Logitech M500 - main thing is that it's corded, so will be light and means I won't forget to charge it.

After it arrives, I'll post my opinion on it.

Oh, another thing, it's a refurbished mouse, so only £20 (about $30). Can't really grumble at that.

40hz:
I really like the Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000. Solid yet lightweight with a quality "feel" to it. It uses laser optics, a nano-sized receiver, and has great battery life.

Although primarily designed for laptops, I use it for most of my desktops too. Priced about $35 list. Widely discounted if you shop. Staples and OfficeMax often have it on sale for $19.99. (Last time they, did I bought five!)

Note: for day-to-day web use I still prefer this trackball. Takes a little getting used to at first. However, once you've acclimated, you can absolutely fly with this thing. Not cheap ($99.99 list! - and seldom discounted) but still well worth its asking price IMHO. :)

Renegade:
Note: for day-to-day web use I still prefer this trackball. Takes a little getting used to at first. However, once you've acclimated, you can absolutely fly with this thing. Not cheap ($99.99 list! - and seldom discounted) but still well worth its asking price IMHO. :)
-40hz (December 27, 2010, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sigh... You've set my gear lust into high gear again...

40hz:
@Renegade - Sorry man! I got mine (as a gift) ages ago. Probably the only reason why I didn't get a full blown carpal tunnel injury before we all learned about CTS, and how to avoid it.

If you can live without the scroll ring and have an extra $29, there's a newer, sleeker, even more hi-rez version now available from the K-people.

Check it out:

"I want it, I want it, I want it..."

Specs here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version