ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

complete 180 on mouse preference - what's the best cheap mouse?

(1/17) > >>

nudone:
(Mentioned elsewhere on the forum) I've been using a Logitech MX Revolution for about 2 years. I would still be using it but the left mouse button has decided to misbehave - which means I drag files into the wrong place, select things I didn't want to, etc. I've tried making one of the other 11 (or is it 13) buttons a Left Click but it just doesn't feel right. I've also tried cleaning the inside and sprayed some dw40 into the switch - which may have made it worse.

So, I've decided I'm not going to buy another super-duper mouse with loads of buttons - they've lost my trust.

Instead I'm going to use StrokeIt for all the extra mouse commands and just use a cheap, simple 3 button mouse instead. One cheap enough to not care if the buttons start acting randomly - I'll just throw it away and get another cheap replacement.

The question is: does anyone have an opinion on the best "cheap" mouse. I'm currently using a 3 button Logitech, it doesn't even have scroll left/right on the wheel. This would be fine but I can't seem to stop accidently hitting the right mouse button - I blame the shape of the mouse and the flimsy spring under the mouse buttons.

Are there any "good" cheap mice. Something "ergonomic" perhaps. Or just something that doesn't have flimsy mouse buttons.

Thanks.

mouser:
Just a quick note:

i will never go back to using a mouse without 2 buttons on the side.  i use them for Back and Forward when browsing the web and i could never do without them.  and of course only the certifiably insane would use a mouse without a scroll wheel.

Renegade:
Someone mentioned the Logitech MX518 (M518?) in another thread as a good mouse. I think it's about $40 or so. Not really cheap, but it comes recommended. I would have gone with that but I wanted a wireless mouse this time around.

I picked up my Logitech Performance MX (or M950) for $89, which again isn't cheap, but it's far from the most expensive out there. So far I'm quite happy with it. Mind you, I need to recharge it often as it gets a bit sluggish/wonky when the battery is low -- selections become difficult or drop, etc.

I've always liked and used Logitech and Microsoft mice. No-name mice I've used have been thrown out after they didn't work.

Not sure if that helps any.

nudone:
True, I think I'd want to stick with Logitech (or Microsoft).

4wd:
Another vote for the Logitech MX518 as being very good cheapish mouse.

Admittedly I no longer use mine because the scroll wheel went flakey and I also wanted a new mouse that would keep button profiles in the mouse and not have to load a driver.

You're lucky, StaticIce is now in the UK :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version