ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Clipboard Help+Spell - Top Priority Requests for 2011

<< < (5/14) > >>

rjbull:
The feature to automatically filter a clip depending on the contents (e.g., the text strings) into a Virtual Folder in CHS, using the appropriate SQL, is either not enabled in CHS at present, or is too obscure for me to understand.-IainB (February 22, 2011, 09:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

You might want to look at ClipMagic (freeware):
   [...]
    * Categorise/Organise your clips. Create rules/filters for incoming clips.
      [...]
    * Quickly access the source web page of internet clips.
--- End quote ---

Two features that have been requested for CHS.  I used ClipMagic a bit, but ended up preferring ArsClip and CHS, often used in tandem.  But, ClipMagic does have those features, if they're what you want.

mouser:

The feature to automatically filter a clip depending on the contents (e.g., the text strings) into a Virtual Folder in CHS, using the appropriate SQL, is either not enabled in CHS at present, or is too obscure for me to understand
--- End quote ---

See this thread and the sample URL virtual folder in CHS: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=4135.0

mouser:
--- End quote ---

i really like this idea and i can implement it.

IainB:
@mouser:
"See this thread and the sample URL virtual folder in CHS: http://www.donationcoder....um/index.php?topic=4135.0"
--- End quote ---
Many thanks! I took a look at that and then played about with the virtual folders using that SQL.
Results:

* All clips with URLs were filtered OK using the rule: (Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%http:%') OR (Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%www.%') OR (Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%ftp:%')
* All clips with "the" in the text filtered OK using the rule: (Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%the%')
* Text filtering failed using a rule with an upper case character as the first character in the filter string- e.g., (Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%The%') - so it looks as though the syntax is upper-case-averse.   :tellme:  (?)
Is there somewhere you can point me to to bone up on the subject of SQL commands and syntax for CHS?

On a side issue: What is the best way to sort/reorder the virtual folders? I can't seem to get them to behave nicely at all by moving them around.

Sorry if some of this is irrelevant to this discussion thread.
--- End quote ---
It looks like the first item is therefore already in CHS - and is exactly what I had been looking for but didn't know how to do until mouser pointed it out.
The second item (i.e., retaining the reference of the source URL) would be very useful. That's the sort of thing that I notice OneNote does, but it only does it for copy/paste of text and/images from a web page. If you copy the same section of that web page as a OneNote image clip (using the clipping tool crosshairs), then it loses the source URL.

oblivion:
A few comments, having used CHS in anger for most of this week...

My clipboard manager of choice has always been ArsClip. However, it won't play ball with the text editors I've tried to use for the work I've been doing -- Jarte primarily, but I'd have used OpenOffice or anything else that could do quick editing and basic formatting.

CHS has worked nicely with Jarte (if you haven't, try it -- it's a wrapper for WordPad, apparently, but is a very decent free rtf editor) but using it in the same way I'd have used ArsClip hasn't really worked.

I set a few favourites -- longish words I knew I was going to be typing repeatedly -- and set a shortcut up to bring up favourites to make them easier to get at quickly.

To begin with, I had four. A few hours later, I added another few. And my favourites menu, which I'd pretty much learned (ctrl-alt-f then 3 for the word "pharmacist" every time, for instance) changed, so I had to relearn it.

So first, I'd like to be able to control the order in which favourites are listed, preferably by drag-and-drop, but the ability to sort the list in some way -- like maybe alphabetically -- would be a good second best.

Sorting things in the main CHS window doesn't always seem to work and, even when it does, doesn't seem to affect the order in the popup. I'd like it to.

Back to what I was doing... Once I'd created a chunk of text -- this is a series of reports I've been typing up for my wife -- I'd copy it all to the clipboard and paste it into my DTP program.

CHS naturally keeps all those too.

I'd like to be able to tell CHS that chunks of text above a certain size -- maybe 1k? -- should be instantly purged from the database. Maybe allow some to be "locked" so they're not deleted...?

If I go through the clipboard to remove all those -- they're obviously mixed in with a lot of single word entries -- the behaviour of the list is very odd. I'd like to be able to work through the list from the top to the bottom, and perhaps sort that list by date captured, or clip length, to make that management process easier. (I may be missing something here, but it appeared that the highlight was bouncing around the list at random, although I suppose it might have been following an order I couldn't see and therefore couldn't sort on.)

Having said all that, I sort of get the impression that a lot of people are using CHS as something more than what I am...?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version