ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why I Don't Want an iPad for Christmas

<< < (9/9)

Renegade:
I think if being intuitive wasn't a supposed strong point, a "hallmark" even, of Apple products, threads like this wouldn't exist, or would not be so contentious. If the big deal was just industrial design, products that look nice and are physically well made, then UI issues and inconsistencies like these wouldn't grate so heavily. But since the "Apple experience" *is* sold as easier and more intuitive, it makes these issues all the more frustrating and makes them bigger targets for critics.-JavaJones (December 27, 2010, 02:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, exactly!

If a person is always smugly telling everyone how perfect he is in every way, people are going to be very eager to point out his flaws. If another person admits he has flaws but tries nevertheless, people will be more forgiving and willing to overlook his shortcomings.
-Deozaan (December 29, 2010, 02:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well put. It's fine to be arrogant if you can back it up.

40hz:

Yes, exactly!

If a person is always smugly telling everyone how perfect he is in every way, people are going to be very eager to point out his flaws. If another person admits he has flaws but tries nevertheless, people will be more forgiving and willing to overlook his shortcomings.
-Deozaan (December 29, 2010, 02:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well put. It's fine to be arrogant if you can back it up.
-Renegade (December 29, 2010, 03:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

Popular saying from way back in the Hippy Era: The only time it ain't complete BS is if you can actually do it!

Still equally true on the cusp of 2011.  :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
Popular saying from way back in the Hippy Era: The only time it ain't complete BS is if you can actually do it!
-40hz (December 29, 2010, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've not heard that one before, but I like it. :)

JavaJones:
A relevant quote from a recent Joe Wilcox (*shudder*) article on Betanews wherein he compares the latest "Google Phone" Nexus S to the iPhone 4:
My software breakup started months earlier, when my 89 year-old father-in-law switched to iPhone 4. In process of watching him struggle to use the device, I suddenly saw in a new way the inconsistencies of the user interface, such as the button in the left hand corner  of some standard phone functions leading "back" but doing something different, too (text messaging is good example). There was a consistency about his confusion -- when encountering UI inconsistencies and oddities.
--- End quote ---
http://feeds.betanews.com/~r/bn/~3/WHCKBng64-Y/1293676617

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version