ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any better Clipboard program.

<< < (10/17) > >>

mwang:
Ditto is unbeatable in its search function, which makes keeping a huge number of clips feasible. The most current version removed the "named copy/named paste" function, which I liked but wasn't very reliable.

The only shortcoming for me is the lack of a pair of hotkeys to load the last/next clip without popping up the main window (which takes the focus away from other application, annoying when renaming files, etc.), aka power paste. I have to settle for the hotkeys for the 10 most recent clips, and usually can only manage to remember the proper order for about 5.

For those with power paste like functionality, Clipmate doesn't support unicode. Arsclip does; so does Clipdiary (another shareware) and the newest version of Clipcache pro.

But I keep coming back to Ditto.

y0himba:
I use the numbered key WinKey+ Numberpad 1-0 which gives me the last 10 pastes easily accessible. It's in the options and darned convenient.

rjbull:
The only shortcoming for me is the lack of a pair of hotkeys to load the last/next clip without popping up the main window (which takes the focus away from other application, annoying when renaming files, etc.)
-mwang (December 28, 2010, 07:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I found that such an irritation that I sometimes used Oscar's File Renamer to rename files, because it works more like an editor.  Sometimes I did use an editor to make a batch file to do the renaming.

mwang:
I use the numbered key WinKey+ Numberpad 1-0 which gives me the last 10 pastes easily accessible. It's in the options and darned convenient.-y0himba (December 29, 2010, 08:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have something similar, and yet the problem isn't remembering the hotkeys but the order of the clips.

And thanks to rjbull for mentioning Oscar's File Renamer. Will take a look. If it's what I think it is, then it's something I've always been looking for. (I use batch files, too, but the trick doesn't work with unicode file names.)

rjbull:
Oscar's File Renamer. [...] (I use batch files, too, but the trick doesn't work with unicode file names.)
-mwang (December 30, 2010, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oscar's File Renamer is fairly old.  It's true the most recent version is dated 2007, but I think that was just a minor fix when he resurrected an older program.  So, take a look by all means, and I think it's a useful adjunct to other file renamers, but I wouldn't guarantee it does unicode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version