ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any better Clipboard program.

<< < (8/17) > >>

Ath:
You could have just changed the shortcut the setup created to run the jar file from java, just like the installer (java -jar acm.jar, instead of acm.jar). The author falsely assumed you have java installed (you must have) and set to run your jar files (a false asspumption, as is any), instead of a decompressor (a jarfile has the same internal technical structure as a zipfile).

Curt:
I have tried the variations that I could think of but none of them gave any other result than WinRAR popping up at start. But of course, I don't know the first thing about shortcut parameters, etcetera. Should I type (the "java -jar acm.jar") in the Target or in the Parameters or in the Start In.. box?

As far as I can remember I have only have had to open a rar container maybe ten times in my life. Maybe this author is right, maybe I should just make Java the default executor for rar files? But WHERE (in C:\Program Files\Java\jre6) is Java and what is it named?
:-[
Edited:
I mean, I did of course try the various Java*.exe files, but they gave nothing.

superboyac:
Why in the world does M8 have two separate pages for what seems to be the exact same product with a different name?  Unless I'm mistaken, "25 clips" and "M8 Free Clipboard" are exactly the same:
http://m8software.com/clipboards/25clips/desctription.htm
http://m8software.com/clipboards/freeclip/freeclip.htm

Curt:
M8 vs 25...: According to the text one difference is >Outlook Compatible. One of the features of 25 Clips is that you can paste any screen or graphic directly into the body of an Outlook Express email. With most other programs, you have to save graphics as JPEGs and then attach them.<

Edited:
I said it wrong. It is not listed as a difference but as a feature. Maybe M8 Free can do it as well.

Curt:
My next move then was to run the uninstaller the same way, (java -jar uninstaller.jar), but all the special uninstaller did was to remove the uninstaller.jar file! -Curt (December 27, 2010, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have finally managed to uninstall Advanced Clipboard Manager. I thought the program could be good, but I never got it working. Maybe it was too Advanced... for me, but it doesn't help to scream 'RTFM', because the author never wrote one!  Bye bye, manager!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version