ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any better Clipboard program.

<< < (7/17) > >>

rjbull:
CopyMessageBox looks like a slick little utility with a nice, simple design.  Unfortunately, it didn't capture the text on the first error message I tried it with. ... so it's got some limitations.-gdv22 (December 24, 2010, 03:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

My experience also on Vista Home Premium.  CopyMessageBox worked correctly on XP at work.  If you look at its home page, it only mentions Windows up to XP and 2003.  Seems the author hasn't updated it for anything more recent, more's the pity.

The best program I've found so far (and have used for years) to capture the text from error messages is NirSoft's SysExporter.  ... it isn't nearly as convenient as a clipping program would be.
--- End quote ---

Yes, it has its uses, but if the computer was busy, with lots of windows open, I found it a real pain to scroll a long SysExporter list to find the one I wanted.  Even then, a bit more manipulation was required to clip the text.

Perhaps Curt is right, and the best way is to use an OCR program like ABBYY ScreenReader or a screen capture program that has OCR built in, like HyperSnap.  Mouser's own Screenshot Captor includes text scraping, which may work in some cases.  This reminds me of other text scraping programs I've sometimes used, which include:

* Pete's Window Tool
* ShoWin (originally freeware by Robin Keir, now by McAfee).
* CopyText by Victor Sapojnikov (rather weird little application) Those three are free, but they're rather old, and again don't always work.

Structurise's Kleptomania dedicated text scraper, payware, didn't work for me on Vista, and seems to have disappeared from the Web. 

sword:
Re: superboyac 22 Dec "...forgot what it was called."
Advanced Clipboard Manager
Cheers, sword

Curt:
... it was a very lightweight simple clipboard manager that literally had a grid of boxes with each clip in it, and I could just click the buttons to paste them into whatever form.  i forgot what it was called.-superboyac (December 22, 2010, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Re: superboyac 22 Dec "...forgot what it was called."
Advanced Clipboard Manager-sword (December 26, 2010, 04:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

-I don't understand how to begin using Advanced Clipboard Manager. The downloaded file is named a "...setup.jar", but really... there is no executing file, only Class files by the hundreds. Where is the one file that makes it all become alive? Please?
 :tellme:

Ath:
Usually such jar file should be run from a commandline using
--- ---java -jar ACM-4.1.1-Setup.jar

Curt:

The program installed supposedly 'without errors'.

But why the heck is the new link in Start named ACM.jar??? All it will open is of course my ".jar-unpacker" (WinRAR). I don't get this. The program may be fine when it works, but I am not sure it will be on my computer.

My next move then was to run the uninstaller the same way, (java -jar uninstaller.jar), but all the special uninstaller did was to remove the uninstaller.jar file!

Hmm... I am in the dark ;-) and it is winter, so it is really dark!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version