ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any better Clipboard program.

<< < (15/17) > >>

rjbull:
ClipMate.  One feature that I use a lot and that I haven't found in other programs I've tried is ClipMate's PowerPaste.  It will automatically paste each item from the clipboard in order (ascending or descending) into any document.
-cyberdiva (August 26, 2011, 06:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

From CHS 2.04.01 Help:CHS now has a stack system that will let you easily copy multiple clips into a stack (queue), and then paste them back out individually (or as a block) in a First-In-First-Out (FIFO) order.
[...]
In addition to pasting as a solid text block, you can paste items with simulated TAB keypresses between then, which is useful for form filling.

--- End quote ---

From ArsClip online Help:Form Mode

ArsClip supports pasting multiple items into a program by Form Mode (popup -> Misc -> Form Mode). When in Form Mode, you click an item on the popup, ArsClip pastes the item, simulates a TAB keypress, and then displays the popup again. This process repeats until you press Cancel. The TAB keypress will move focus to the next form field in a web page, or in a program. Sometimes a non-text item will receive focus in a web page, so you can press the "Next Field" option on the popup to skip to the next text field.

The Keystrokes option in Permanent Items is a more flexible way of pasting items and simulating keystrokes for items you paste often.
--- End quote ---

Probably neither are as flexible as ClipMate, but both offer probably the most common multi-paste requirement.

rjbull:
What I like most about CFi is the speed and simplicity.-Curt (August 26, 2011, 06:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is it keyboard-centric, or mouse-centric?  I prefer keyboard, and noticed that BdJ had textBEAST on offer (again) the other day.  That looks to me very mouse-centric.

It has what I need.
--- End quote ---
I find that with ArsClip  :up:

CFi is about ShellToys: right-click access to 53 context-sensitive shell extensions, and 25 small special programs
--- End quote ---
I think they could be clearer about licensing.  I eventually decided that the license was for all their tools, though if you look at their main page, you might think they are licensed individually.

Sadly CFi will not accept to be delayed.
--- End quote ---
Could you set it to not start with Windows, then start it with a batch file, which presumably could be delayed?

Curt:
The CFi Clipboard+ is operated via hotkeys, arrows, and Enter. And delete.
Also, a large number of context menu actions can be operated via hotkeys.

I used ArsClip many years ago, but was disappointed for some reason - maybe it was the number of issues I think it had with Unicode. I trust this or whatever it was has been fixed long ago, but could be why I didn't consider it when I moved to Vista.

The price is £20 once and for all (78 applications!) per PC.

I said it a little wrong, about delaying Start:
If I delay my CFi's start, my Explorer will crash, when CFi launches.

Curt:
I said it a little wrong, about delaying Start:
If I delay my CFi's start, my Explorer will crash, when CFi launches.
-Curt (August 28, 2011, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Arhgg, I said it wrong again, didn't I. It is of course "merely" my CFi Clock and CFi Clipboard+ that must be started together with Windows. The mother-program CFi ShellToys is a collection of DLLs, nothing to "start".   I think

cyberdiva:
Thanks very much, rjbull, for the "powerpaste" features in CHS and ArsClip.  I'm glad to know about these.  Now I have a place to start looking if I ever decide to replace ClipMate. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version