ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any better Clipboard program.

<< < (5/17) > >>

rgdot:
I have reviewed quite a few clipboard programs on my site, mostly less known ones like Clipboard Master for example. Clipboard Help+Spell is the best though, hands down.

rjbull:
I may have read  it wrong, but to my (lack of) understanding, all hulkbuster was asking for, is a program to capture the text from popup message boxes.-Curt (December 21, 2010, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're probably right.  On some versions of Windows, all you have to do is put the focus on an error message box and press Control-C.  That copies the text to the clipboard.  For versions of Windows where that doesn't work, it's worth trying CopyMessageBox, freeware by thyanté Software.  However, I don't think that works on Vista, and Curt's suggestion of ABBYY Screenshot Reader should work with anything.

Curt:
With all these praises of ClipMate  I simply *need* to remind 'you' that it hasn't been updated for a year  and still the clipbar doesn't work in 64-bits.

superboyac:
Like Superboyac, I don't want my clipboard manager to be a database manager or notetaker.  I'm concerned only with the clipboard features.  One feature that I use a lot in ClipMate is "Power Paste."  I can gather information from a number of different places and then paste them one by one automatically into a form, a report, a list, or whatever.   That plus the ability to click on the ClipMate icon and have it show me the most recent clips (currently, I can see the last 20 without changing anything; were I to make the interface longer, I could probably see the last 40 or more, and of course choose the one I want to use) are probably the features I value most.
-cyberdiva (December 21, 2010, 12:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah!  That is handy!  I have to try that.  That is one area that I find lacking in CHS and Arsclip.  I often run into the same situation with filling in form boxes, and something like Clipmate would be perfect for that.  Thanks!
-superboyac (December 21, 2010, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, what I was talking about wasn't clipmate.  i tried something from a while back based on a suggestion here, and it was a very lightweight simple clipboard manager that literally had a grid of boxes with each clip in it, and I could just click the buttons to paste them into whatever form.  i forgot what it was called.

Bamse:
Unicode support is another year long task for Clipmate dude http://www.thornsoft.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4029&highlight=unicode In most cases I would run away but he is still answering questions, has not left the building. I have the feeling Clipmate is not his main occupation. Another programmer suggested he outsourced the thing about making clipbar 64bit compatible. Said it was not trivial but doable, no need to wait so long. That got ignored quickly.

Basic hotkey activated pop up lists of last 10, 20, 30 etc. entries can be done with several good free programs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version