ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Duplicate Photo Finder

<< < (2/11) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
All done!

Deozaan:
CARP! I wish I'd known about this yesterday. I just moved 3,000+ photos into the same directory on someone's computer because they were spread all over, and there were plenty of duplicates, but sometimes the filesize didn't match. So instead of going through every one comparing filesize and timestamp, I just had TeraCopy automatically rename the naming conflicts.

Is there any way this app can find duplicates if they don't have exactly the same name?  e.g. PIC-1028.jpg & PIC-1028_2.jpg.

Renegade:
CARP! I wish I'd known about this yesterday. I just moved 3,000+ photos into the same directory on someone's computer because they were spread all over, and there were plenty of duplicates, but sometimes the filesize didn't match. So instead of going through every one comparing filesize and timestamp, I just had TeraCopy automatically rename the naming conflicts.

Is there any way this app can find duplicates if they don't have exactly the same name?  e.g. PIC-1028.jpg & PIC-1028_2.jpg.
-Deozaan (December 22, 2010, 12:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

At the moment I'm only comparing file sizes. File names are irrelevant and I don't look at them at all.

I plan on adding in better comparisons by loading the actual image then comparing that data.

I won't be doing anything like ratios in image comparison, e.g. these pictures are 80% similar. I just think that's a stupid comparison method that's completely unreliable. e.g. You take a picture of someone you are with against a backdrop  of some nice scenery, then they take your picture. It's a small amount of difference, but it's important. Since the amount of coding to do facial recognition and all that is really far beyond what I'm prepared to put in right now, I'm not even going to try because I don't see any point in doing a crappy job. 

The software right now is stable, but alpha (feature incomplete).

skwire:
Is there any way this app can find duplicates if they don't have exactly the same name?  e.g. PIC-1028.jpg & PIC-1028_2.jpg.-Deozaan (December 22, 2010, 12:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can easily do this using file checksums.

Deozaan:
Is there any way this app can find duplicates if they don't have exactly the same name?  e.g. PIC-1028.jpg & PIC-1028_2.jpg.-Deozaan (December 22, 2010, 12:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can easily do this using file checksums.
-skwire (December 22, 2010, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

How do you easily compare 3,000+ checksums?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version