ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Dual monitor layout

(1/1)

jgpaiva:
Hey! I have a doubt to post to you users of dual-monitor layout.
I have just noticed that it may be a big help to me having such configuration, since my laptop's screen is quite small.
As i have one crt monitor from an old computer, i figured "why not connect it to my computer and have much more space?".
But my problem is exactly that, i have one laptop, and it doesn' have a very good gpu.
What i wanted to ask you is if there is any possibility for me to connect that screen to my computer and use it as a second desktop.
I have one ATI Radeon Mobility X700.
I hope someone can help me, that would be really handy.
Thanks!

taichimaster:
It should be just a matter of connecting your old monitor to your laptop's VGA D-Sub input and then go to Display Properties Setting, click on the 2nd screen and then check the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this computer".

What OS are you using though?  I seem to remember ATI had poor dual monitor support for Win2K.

mouser:
jgpaiva isn't this what you want: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2447.0

but you posted on that thread so you must know about it..

jgpaiva:
"Extend my Windows desktop onto this computer"
-taichimaster (February 18, 2006, 02:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Damn... I feel stupid.. Thanks, that's the way to do it! :D
I'm happy, I have a dual monitor layout!

(mouser: unfortunatelly, I don't have 2 computers, only one computer and one extra screen. I posted because i thought it was a hard thing to configure ;) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version