ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: askapic.com - Photo Q&A Site

<< < (16/21) > >>

Curt:
Congratulation, Tom. This is quite exciting! :-)

I need to say that it made me feel uneasy when I saw my name spelled out in full, next to an enlarged copy of my facebook picture. Will it be possible to change these features, or Should/Must/Can I cancel my account?

tomos:
I need to say that it made me feel uneasy when I saw my name spelled out in full, next to an enlarged copy of my facebook picture. Will it be possible to change these features, or Should/Must/Can I cancel my account?
-Curt (January 10, 2011, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apologies about that Curt -
I've already reported this to Adi but I think it got forgotten about (did by me anyways :-[) - we'll see what he says.
It's actually also a problem if you register - you have to fill in a user name and a "Full name" - but it's the full name that's shown on the home/list-page.

tomos:
--- End quote ---
I agree :D

--- End quote ---

Does anyone know what the norm is with Facebook logins - do they usually show the full name?
I have used FB to login places - but very little and cant remember how it worked..

Curt, this may help:
Initially I registered on the site, and gave the same name for user and full names (just "Tom") - after that, when loged in via Facebook, it just shows my registered name (Tom). I think this might be a workaround.

adi_barb:

--- End quote ---

When a user registers to website using facebook, he is asked for permission to access to his/her data from facebook. You may remove the photo from your account at askapic with ease : Profile -> Edit Photos and you can also edit any information you want clicking on "Profile" in the header of the website, after logging in.

Your account may be though canceled/deleted at any time by an admin.

I was just thinking that displaying name instead of username is a much more friendlier way of listing the questions. We will modify the website to display usernames instead of names as soon as possible.

tomos:
Curt,
I'm going to send you a PM (but I've got to finish another first!) with a suggestion so that your anwser need not be erased
Tom

EDIT/ PM sent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version