ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: askapic.com - Photo Q&A Site

<< < (7/21) > >>

adi_barb:
Thanks mouser for your nice words.

tomos: here's a great online tool  many people use : generateprivacypolicy.com  for the privacy policy page.

:Thmbsup:

app103:
I would probably limit it to public domain/creative commons only, and make the user fill out a credit box with creator info (name, url), and let them check some boxes for the image's license type: BY, NC, ND, SA, PD/CC0 (some of these can be combined, some can not)

This would allow your site to become truly useful as a repository of free images with open licenses and cut down on the legal worries associated with allowing users to just upload whatever they please.-app103 (December 23, 2010, 04:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

It would be great if people could tick a box which would apply a particular license. I dont know if that's even possible - BUT the reality is: if someone really wanted to post something they would lie. So I think the Terms have to place the responsibility on them to NOT upload copyright material.

It would be great to have a repository of free images but I dont think it's feasible in this instance - I mean, how can people really prove that an image is theirs to license? It may be possible, but I cant see it being easy....
-tomos (December 23, 2010, 05:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

The form isn't so much for enforcement as it is to remind users of the site's policies with regards to licensing of images, what is allowed and what is not, and making it easier for the user to comply with existing licenses by giving credit to the source of images that are already CC licensed, and renewing the agreement to follow the rules each and every time they upload something.

Yeah, sure they could still lie, but if they do and you get a takedown notice, you just delete the image (and ban the user if it is a blatant violation of the site's policies).

tomos:
Any opinions on this as a Facebook icon - design; quality
(90 x 90 pixels)

[edit] 2011-01-04 going to add other related images here [/edit]

this a signature one:

app103:
Any opinions on this as a Facebook icon - design; quality
(90 x 90 pixels)

(see attachment in previous post)

-tomos (December 28, 2010, 06:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Whatever you choose, it should become the recognizable face of your service, so you really should go for consistency across all sites where your logo will be displayed. Settle on a single design that can serve for your logo on the site, and on facebook, twitter, or anywhere else.

tomos:
Whatever you choose, it should become the recognizable face of your service, so you really should go for consistency across all sites where your logo will be displayed. Settle on a single design that can serve for your logo on the site, and on facebook, twitter, or anywhere else.
-app103 (December 28, 2010, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

need.  more.  t i i i i i i m m m m m m m m e . . .  :tellme:
ps thanks for the tip :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version