ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need a New Mouse

<< < (9/11) > >>

40hz:
I've got a Logitech MX 1000 (M-RAG97) laser mouse that I've had for something like 5+ years now. Bought it back in the days when I was still willing to shell out $$$ pursuing the ultimate pointing device. (Now I mostly use Microsoft, with my current fav being their (~$35) Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000se.) The MX 1000 holds a charge for what seems like forever despite being in very regular use. I sometimes even forget to dock it for a few days, and it still hangs in there. Charges very quickly too.

I do worry about the batteries eventually going south. But I found this video up on YouTube that walks you through a battery replacement without damaging the thing - which is easier to do than you might think.

So (knock wood) this expensive mouse will remain in service for a very long time to come.

Wonder if the new Logitech product lineup is as good as this generation was.

Ath:
That's a HUGE improvement and very clever; the ones that kill me are the ones that have to "dock" to recharge, and so can't be used at all while recharging.-mouser (December 27, 2010, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
That was one of the reasons for me to add a wired mouse placed on the 'other' side of my keyboard, and training myself into using it with the hand/arm on that side as well. It took a few weeks, but I now can use a computer even if my 'good' arm would be disabled/unavailable for a while.
Another reason was the avoidance of RSI by switching arm-usage.

4wd:
That's what I've heard. They didn't have the HTC Desire HD when I wanted to buy, so I stayed with Vodaphone.-Renegade (December 26, 2010, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe you shouldn't have ;)

Vodafone records leaked onto Internet

Renegade:
That's what I've heard. They didn't have the HTC Desire HD when I wanted to buy, so I stayed with Vodaphone.-Renegade (December 26, 2010, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe you shouldn't have ;)

Vodafone records leaked onto Internet
-4wd (January 09, 2011, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sigh... yeah... Sometimes I really hate this place... That's just the tip of the iceberg with Vodaphone and telecos here in general... :(

Renegade:
Jury is in...

Not happy with the battery life. It doesn't last a day.

Being as I'm using it on my desktop, I should have gone with the wired one.

Other than that, it's good. The battery life just isn't there though. But that's a common problem across all devices.

Verdict: Good mouse. Batteries suck. All batteries suck.
-Renegade (December 26, 2010, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

New Verdict: Good mouse. Good battery.

I ran out of regular alkaline batteries, and stuck in the rechargeable battery.

It was very odd. Before the battery died very quickly. Now, I get days out of it. Not sure how long as I've not been really counting, but it's damn good.

I think the battery needed the charge to completely drain or something funky. God knows. But it works now.

If anyone knows how modern rechargeable batteries work, do you have any hints as to what happened?

In any event... Just wanted to set that straight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version