ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need a New Mouse

<< < (6/11) > >>

phitsc:
There must be something wrong with your mouse. Mine lasts a week or more. I'm using it five days a week 8 hours a day for work.

Renegade:
There must be something wrong with your mouse. Mine lasts a week or more. I'm using it five days a week 8 hours a day for work.
-phitsc (December 26, 2010, 04:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Logitech? The MX or M950?

4wd:
I am surprised that the battery does't last more than a day - most of the reviews I've seen on that mouse they get approx 4 or more days, (still way short of the 3 months I think they claim on the pack).

Maybe that's a consequence of using only one battery ?

Maybe it's just that battery ?

Some rechargeables are crap, have you tried another ?

A few of my LAN night friends use Logitech MX Revolution and usually get a month or more out of a set of batteries.

The MS 5000 Bluetooth claims 6 month battery life and if I put a decent set of alkaline in, I'd probably believe them.  The rechargeables certainly last a fair amount of time.

Renegade:
I'm so used to companies sticking in proprietary batteries that I never even checked... It takes AAs. Sigh... Isn't that pathetic?

Anyways, I've replaced the battery with an alkaline. We'll see how it goes now. :D

mouser:
Jury is in...
Not happy with the battery life. It doesn't last a day.
Being as I'm using it on my desktop, I should have gone with the wired one.
Other than that, it's good. The battery life just isn't there though. But that's a common problem across all devices.
Verdict: Good mouse. Batteries suck. All batteries suck.
-Renegade (December 26, 2010, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

in 2007 i wrote a long rant against logitech (internal rechargeable battery) mouse and vowed never to use one again.
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10688.0

i've been using a microsoft intellimouse wireless that takes standard AA batteries, and they seem to last a long time.  i'm one of those people who found using a wired mouse to be hell.

finding a wireless mouse with good battery life is very important.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version