ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need a New Mouse

<< < (5/11) > >>

Renegade:
I can recommend the Logitech Performance Mouse MX. It's rather expensive, but certainly the best mouse I've ever had.

Love its form factor (if you're right handed). The free-running wheel is just excellent (*). Love how it uses a standard Micro-USB cable for charging (can use it to charge my phone too 8) ) and the way it connects at the front so it feels like a wired mouse if you need to use it while charging. It works on just about any surface without a mouse pad.

(*): interesting anecdote: The idea of a free-running mouse wheel actually came to me about two years before the first Logitech mouse with such a wheel was released. I've tried to modify one of my own mice to have such a free-running wheel, but failed because the wheel did not have enough mass to keep on spinning (was made of plastic).
-phitsc (December 21, 2010, 05:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

:D

That's the one I got. On a side note: They use different model #'s in different places. Part of the corporate-alien conspiracy to control our minds through sensory overload. :) Well, not really, but is seems that silly anyways.

I really don't know why they bother. It's not like "Performance Mouse MX" is difficult to understand for people elsewhere, requiring "X" to be replaced with "950".

I actually switched the wheel back to click-mode as I like the tactile sensation, and it prevents scroll-back.

Renegade:
One thing I really like is the thumb "program switcher" as it is really fast & convenient to switch between programs, especially when you have a truckload of them open.

Renegade:
I just noticed today that on the bottom of the mouse, my Logitech "Performance M950" is the "Performance MX". Why? Why change the packaging but not change the label on the product? Just seems odd...

Anyways, I like the mouse. It's good. It makes me funny. :P:D

Target:
I just noticed today that on the bottom of the mouse, my Logitech "Performance M950" is the "Performance MX". Why? Why change the packaging but not change the label on the product? Just seems odd...

Anyways, I like the mouse. It's good. It makes me funny. :P:D-Renegade (December 22, 2010, 12:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

makes it harder for consumers to compare prices and perhaps buy elsewhere cheaper...

gotta love the marketing business...

Renegade:
Jury is in...

Not happy with the battery life. It doesn't last a day.

Being as I'm using it on my desktop, I should have gone with the wired one.

Other than that, it's good. The battery life just isn't there though. But that's a common problem across all devices.

Verdict: Good mouse. Batteries suck. All batteries suck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version