ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need a New Mouse

<< < (4/11) > >>

Renegade:
But seriously -- MSY's site is messed up as in Katrina meets Fatman meets the elephantman meets ebola meets leprosy. -Renegade (December 20, 2010, 02:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, it's gotta be one of the worst I've ever run across, though it is better than it was...
-Target (December 20, 2010, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

True... It used to be a set of a few PDFs... I don't know what it is about Australia, but a LOT of companies think a web site means putting up a PDF catalog.

4wd:
I don't know what it is about Australia, but a LOT of companies think a web site means putting up a PDF catalog.-Renegade (December 20, 2010, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's because it's colloquial for 'online retailer'.

This country has gone backwards in so many ways in the last 20 years it's not funny any more.

I think the reason there is so little in the way of decent online retailers here is because the population in this country is mostly centralised and, having a high number of stores in those areas, major retailers don't feel the need to put any effort into online selling.

And then they complain to the Federal government that their turnover is falling because people have found it's cheaper and more convenient to buy from overseas online, from companies that don't have all the overheads of so many ground assets, (plus the exchange rate is good atm).

The only thing the local stores are good for these days are being able to see/touch what you want to buy - then you go home and look online for somewhere cheaper.

Target:
True... It used to be a set of a few PDFs... I don't know what it is about Australia, but a LOT of companies think a web site means putting up a PDF catalog. -Renegade (December 20, 2010, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

and very bad PDF's at that.

Renegade:
Well, just got back with the new toy.

I went with the Logitech 950. MSY had it for $89 where the Logitech site lists it at $200, which put it in a price range I'm more comfortable with. And of course it lists for $100 in the US...

NSFWResearch shows that the average Australian consumer ass hole is 30% to 500% larger than their American counterparts. Further analassis of Australian retailers detected unusually high concentrations of fecal matter on their cocks. While the correlation seems to be strong, further analassis needs to be done, starting with some good old fashioned fisting...

So far the mouse seems quite nice, and is much faster than my old one, which is nice though it will require a bit of adjustment.

The friction pads on the bottom make it glide like... well... get your own metaphor. ;) But it's good. :D

The wheel is exceptionally smooth as well. Again, it will take some adjustment.

phitsc:
I can recommend the Logitech Performance Mouse MX. It's rather expensive, but certainly the best mouse I've ever had.

Love its form factor (if you're right handed). The free-running wheel is just excellent (*). Love how it uses a standard Micro-USB cable for charging (can use it to charge my phone too 8) ) and the way it connects at the front so it feels like a wired mouse if you need to use it while charging. It works on just about any surface without a mouse pad.

(*): interesting anecdote: The idea of a free-running mouse wheel actually came to me about two years before the first Logitech mouse with such a wheel was released. I've tried to modify one of my own mice to have such a free-running wheel, but failed because the wheel did not have enough mass to keep on spinning (was made of plastic).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version