ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

StartSSL.com Certificate Provider: Mini-Review

<< < (5/5)

superboyac:
Thanks mouser!  If you approve, I'm in!  I'll start using this very soon.

f0dder:
Perhaps it is important news. I read in The Register that StartCom, which operates StartSSL, suffered a security breach that occurred last Wednesday.-erikts (June 20, 2011, 10:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
It matters if the breach is big enough and handled unprofessionally enough - *cough* DigiNotarw *cough* :)

jeffshead:
Mouser,

Right now, I use GeoTrust Quick SSL's for all of my websites but they are actually issued to each domain so my personal name is no where on the certs.

I host several websites as a hobby so none of them are registered businesses. Since I cannot provide any organizational documentation, does that mean my first and last name will appear on each domain's cert instead of just the domains' names? I do not want that  :(

PixelPaul:
GeoTrust is who i was using too, but i think comodo is kinda coming in and being the best now, i always need to talk to their support for help and every time i get some really good service from them and quick.not to mention the price. i found @ssltrust for under $5

if you can't provide organisation details for a certificate you just get a domain verify one and they just have the domain name in the cert info if anyone ever looks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version