ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Obscene # of Tabs in FF

<< < (3/6) > >>

app103:
I am a Tab Kit user, primarily because I need something to make the tabs more manageable, with multi-row, but not getting crazy with too many rows that I have only a sliver of space left to view pages. I have it set for 3 rows and the rest accessible with a scrollbar. 

It can also do it tree style, if you prefer, and there are a lot of options for automatic organization of new tabs.

My over abundance of open tabs was why I used to hit this problem very frequently.  :-[

Renegade:
...Tree Style Tab https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5890/ ...
-Bamse (December 19, 2010, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am a Tab Kit ...
-app103 (December 20, 2010, 02:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Tried both, and I like Tree Style Tab much better. Tab Kit I pretty much hated right off the bat. It's the way it scrolls through the tabs when I use the mouse scroll wheel that I don't like. I do really like the way it uses color, but the scrolling thing is a deal killer for me. And then I checked the options... :) So I'll be keeping it around for a while to see more. (The default is a bit odd.)

40hz:
I get uncomfortable when it gets up over a dozen or so - which can easily happen with me since I'm a big fan of the [RSS/'open in separate tab'] school of browsing.

Fortunately, I discovered things like ReadItLater, Canaware NetNotes, and CintaNotes. So now, when I'm doing heavy duty research, I'll rely on those tools rather than keep all my 'jumps' open because I'm afraid of losing something.

Renegade:
I like the tabs on the left MUCH better. Makes much more sense for screen real estate.

40hz:
I like the tabs on the left MUCH better. Makes much more sense for screen real estate.
-Renegade (December 20, 2010, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1! If you really do need to stack multiple tabs, then docking them on the side is the best way to work with them. I'm amazed at the number of people that aren't aware you can do that.

I keep hoping somebody will introduce a floating tab sidebar that's pinable and either has a widowshade or folding feature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version