ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snack Guidelines

rename files according to a list - not the usual rename - please read on!

<< < (3/4) > >>

TomD101:
Hello Krishean and Skwire,

you both are just great. Due to time zone differences I just arrived at work and have to wait 8 hours until I can test your solutions.

I'll be back.

Thomas

cranioscopical:
Real men don't need undo.   :P
-skwire (December 19, 2010, 11:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
I know, they fly in the face of adversity…

TomD101:
Hello Skwire,

slick app with a nice GUI. Makes it very easy to organize my files in the right order and then renames it. Especially helpful: the automatic adding of a leading zero.
Great

Hello Krishean,
phantastic. Just edit a textfile to fit my need and it finds the corresponding mp3 even if they are in another order. Just what I wanted.
But I am afraid there are some bugs left.
I tried three directories, checked every list.txt and found no spelling error. Nonetheless, the app omits files. In the first test the app ignored 3 of 12 files.
Next test 3 of 13 files
Last test 2 of 10 files.
They are out of order an I can see no rule in it.
Any idea. I could not find counters in the script, counters with a certain range of lines, that is.
And yes, is there any chance to add a leading zero to two-digit-numbers?

Thanks again for these two little helpers.

Thomas
0:45 a.m. on a Tuesday.

Krishean:
you can add as many digits to the <number> as you want
the only ways i think it would miss a file is if there was an error parsing the line from list.txt, or if it didn't match the text in the filename exactly, however theres a quick fix for that:

--- Code: Javascript ---function exit(a){return WScript.Quit(a);}function echo(a){return WScript.Echo(a);} var fso=WScript.CreateObject('Scripting.FileSystemObject'); exit(main());function main(){        var tmp=[];        // read list        if(fso.FileExists('list.txt')){                try{                        var list=safe_split(file_get_contents('list.txt'));                }catch(err){ // there was an error while reading list.txt                        echo('Error: Unable to read list.txt!');                        return 1;                }                // parse list                var rExp=/^(\d+)\s+([ \w\d]+)$/i;                var line=1;                for(var i=0;i<list.length;i++){                        list[i]=trim(list[i]); // trim off excess whitespace from beginning and end of lines                        if(list[i]=='')continue; // don't process blank lines                        if(rExp.test(list[i])){                                var obj=rExp.exec(list[i]);                                tmp.push([obj[1],obj[2]]);                        }else{                                echo('Error: Unable to parse line '+line+' of list.txt');                                return 1;                        }                        line++;                }                list=tmp;                tmp=[];                // read directory                var e=new Enumerator(fso.GetFolder('.').Files);                for(;!e.atEnd();e.moveNext()){                        var fname=e.item().Name.toLowerCase();                        // don't attempt to rename itself, or list.txt                        if(e.item() == WScript.ScriptFullName ||                          fname == 'list.txt')continue;                        for(var j=0;j<list.length;j++){                                // compare filename                                if(fname.indexOf(list[j][1].toLowerCase())!=-1){                                        // create the new filename                                        var newname=list[j][0]+' - '+list[j][1]+'.'+                                          fso.GetExtensionName(e.item());                                        tmp.push('"'+e.item().Name+'" => "'+newname+'"');                                        // rename file                                        e.item().Name=newname;                                        break;                                }                        }                }        }else{ // the script wasn't able to find a list.txt file in the current directory                echo('Error: Does list.txt exist in the current directory?');                return 1;        }        // output a message saying whether files were renamed or not        echo(tmp.length>0?'Files that were renamed:\n\t'+          tmp.join('\n\t'):'No files were renamed!');        return 0;} function safe_split(s){return s.replace(/\r\n/g,'\n').replace(/\r/g,'\n').split('\n');}function trim(s){return s.replace(/^\s+/,'').replace(/\s+$/,'');} function file_get_contents(filename){        var ptr=fso.OpenTextFile(filename,1,false);        var str=new String(ptr.ReadAll());        ptr.Close();        return str;}
changing line 43 as such makes it case-insensitive, so it isn't as picky when matching
i also added in notices for when it can't parse a line in list.txt

TomD101:
edited two hours later.
Hello Krishean,
this time I didn't wait until afternoon.

I copied 11 mp3 to a directory, created the list.txt and used the new rename.js.

I know what keeps the app from renaming all files. Special characters like brackets ( ) or hyphens '  are probably dependent on the country codepage, so the app ignores any files with these special characters. As soon as I delete any special character, it works like a charm.

Differences of capital letters between list.txt and filenames are successfully ignored now.

On a short notice: Is it possible to  have the leading zero added to the renaming process, even if it is not in the list.txt.
Example
Fuel - Hemorrhage (In My Hands).mp3 - file - (had to del the brackets) -> Fuel - Hemorrhage In My Hands.mp3
1 Hemorrhage (In My Hands) - within list.txt - (had to del the brackets) -> 1 Hemorrhage In My Hands

would be 01 - Hemorrhage In My Hands.mp3 - renamed file

Have fun.

Thomas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version