ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Upgrading RoboForm from v6 to v7: worthwhile?

<< < (17/22) > >>

J-Mac:
Sympathize? With Siber Systems? Surely you jest!

I can certainly understand the folly of offering so-called "lifetime" licenses, though if developers see fit to offer them then they damn well better have a good business plan in place that supports them. And if they don’t then they are either very stupid - which I doubt in Siber System's case - or they are just full of crap and know damn well up front that they will renege on the licenses at some point. Now that I believe.

Of course there is one more case to consider: Developers such as Slysoft - who offered lifetime licenses for a long time and have since basically invented just about every advancement in breaking copy protection of CD's, DVD's, and Blue Ray. When it got to the point of them needing to change their license model to survive they kept their promised license model in place for those to whom they sold it and changed the model only for new customers from that point on. And when they got some negative feedback anyway (read: crying and whining from those who had somehow used the software for years without ever purchasing... hmmm), they put it off for a whole year AND offered their lifetime licenses all that year at a discount. Then they changed it. And only for new customers. That's how it should be done.

For other developers who started out offering their product licenses with "free updates" with no limitations stated, they are con artists and for them I have absolutely no sympathy at all. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. May they fail in their endeavors and choke on their own avarice!

Not that I take it personally or anything.   :P      

Thank you.

Jim

Bamse:
First time "trial" appeared was in changelog for one of the countless betas of version 7. I don't bother looking it up but I think at least 2-3 months before final arrived though still very late in beta cycle. Already then some people complained on their twitter and not much have changed since. Now they say that yes we have made some mistakes regarding communication but have been busy with new website and all. Like they did not realize trial means a whole new situation towards customers and now have to deal with the sad news best way possible. They have never had focus on easing the pain for at least those with 1-2 year old licenses. Instead they go Let us help each other ;) They have planned this since early stages of 7 or you can slap me silly.

Their arguments make sense, much is almost out of their hands but behavior towards customers they control. That is why people are pissed off. Don't feel sorry for them because "lifetime" has same value as "minimum system requirements" for a game or Windows! With a more fair upgrade policy and less marketing nonsense complaints would have been 1/10th of what they are now. Also because 7 is way better than 6 ;)

rjbull:
I installed KeePass, but I was entirely unable to get any browser integration to work at all.-CWuestefeld (December 17, 2010, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

What exactly do you mean by integration with a browser?  I can't (quickly, anyway) see anything about that in their Web Help.

It does have the ability to try to fill in a password form by pressing a hotkey.  Tools > Options > Advanced tab (right hand end), click the Auto-Type button near the bottom right, and you can set the hotkey to make it pop up?  Surely that's not what you meant?

Cloq:
Snipped most of the content, as Josh pointed out, it was posted earlier, but I wanted to share my disgust on "What if I'm still not satisfied?" part. NOT! :mad:

------------------------
Originally Posted by b2carey_siber

(snipped)
What if I'm still not satisfied?

We want to make everyone happy. If you feel we are still not justified in charging for upgrades please contact us at the emails below. Perhaps we can find a way to make you happy and keep you as a customer for life.

Simon Davis - sdavis(at)roboform.com
Bill Carey - b2carey(at)roboform.com

Josh:
That was also posted at the betanews link shown earlier in this topic :)

Click "View All Reviews"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version