ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Upgrading RoboForm from v6 to v7: worthwhile?

<< < (12/22) > >>

40hz:
@BethUK: Thx for suggesting Password Depot. I took a quick look, and that might just be the thing to lure me away from my old fav Keepass. Have to download it and give it a trial.
------
Note: I just noticed there's a version available for the iPhone. Its currently listed as being free over at the AppStore. Not much info provided other than a brief description. Wonder if it syncs with the desktop version?

Beth UK:
I'll try! Password Depot is a desktop password application made by AceBit. It's not new, but it is regularly updated. I have run it alongside Roboform and LastPass and keep returning to it as my preferred password app.-Beth UK (December 22, 2010, 11:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!  Is it "limited" to passwords?  The key feature of RoboForm is its ability to fill in forms, not just store passwords.  For "just" passwords, I use KeePass, which is free, and can fill forms as long as you tell it how beforehand (I haven't tried the addons for formfilling as such).  I presume you've tried KeePass and prefer Password Depot?
-rjbull (December 22, 2010, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use it for all online log-ins so it'll remember your username and password and other fields too :)

rjbull:
I use [Password Depot] for all online log-ins so it'll remember your username and password and other fields too :)
-Beth UK (December 22, 2010, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds good  :)  It's time Siber Systems had some competition   ;)

Just noticed it's not a lifetime license, but the now-common major version type:
The price includes free upgrades to interim releases (e.g. from 1.0 to 1.3).

--- End quote ---

Well, at least you'd know that going in.

Cloq:
It seems Wilders Security forum has a Roboform thread. Link

Darwin:
BTW in a fit of magnanimous stupidity, and in the spirit of "supporting development", at some point early in the beta testing cycle I bought a license for Goodsync Professional. Two issues arise from this: first, when I bought the license I was under the impression that I was getting lifetime updates upgrades (whether this was explicitly stated somewhere or whether it was a response to a "we haven't charged for upgrades in years" blog or forum post, I can't recall) and second, are they going to pull the license switching stunt with it as well? Also to note, with the beta a freebie version of Goodsync was included with the install and was sufficient to synchronize Roboform databases between machines/drives/and the cloud, use of Roboform Everywhere now requires a paid installation of Goodsync (though I've just failed to find the reference, so I may be out to lunch).-Darwin (December 18, 2010, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Update: I was just prompted to update my GoodSync installation and noted that there is a beta for GoodSync 9 available. Note this at the bottom of the page:

Pricing
* Ver 9 beta is free for ver 8 users.
* When ver 9 comes out as official release, there will be lower upgrade price for existing users.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version