ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Upgrading RoboForm from v6 to v7: worthwhile?

<< < (3/22) > >>

J-Mac:
Oh, I just checked their website and I can definitely live without it. They want half the prices over again for me to upgrade - yet all my licenses were so-called "lifetime" licenses. And my discount for this Everywhere subscription crap is $10.00, making the first year $9.95... But that is the current discounted price for everyone! So I get no discount for this POS.

You know, Slysoft switched to a regular license model recently but for new customers only! Plus they announced it a month in advance and offered the lifetime licenses one last time at a 20% discount. Even then, after hearing from customers they put the changes off for a year!! BTW, all existing license holders still have lifetime licenses; our licenses were not affected by the change. And yet still there were a lot of complaints here at DC about it!

Now Roboform is doing similar, but in their case existing customers do not get to use their lifetime licenses anymore. Instead we are abandoned and must pay to keep using the product. Obviously this won't directly affect me as I am not using RF now, but by virtue of the fact that I purchased FOUR licenses that were never supposed to expire, I am being shat upon as much as any RF user.

Some companies are honorable about changes like this. Apparently Siber Systems is not one of them.

Jim

cranioscopical:
Just to join the chorus, I just took a look and can't see where 7 would benefit me.
Most of the updates to 6 had no impact on my use of it.
$19.95 to upgrade seems somewhat expensive. Everybody has to make a living, I suppose.

40hz:
I normally start new logonIDs in KeePass; less slick, but more versatile, and free.  -rjbull (December 16, 2010, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agree. That's what I use. And no matter how many other pwl apps I try, it's what I keep coming back to.

Haven't tried LastPass, though.  I thought that was a Web service, and I'd rather have an app.

--- End quote ---

Also agree 100%.

I do not get using a web service for storing something as sensitive as passwords.

Have synchronized Flash Drive  - will travel.  :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
KeePass is ghetto. :D

Beth UK:
For what it's worth I have been using RoboForm for a couple of years alongside Password Depot (app-based). I'm ready to dump RoboForm now, partly because of the upgrade cost. Returning to Password Depot (been using it for several years) which allows you to set up a USB installation as well. Works differently to Roboform - doesn't embed itself into the browser but instead works as a kind of ribbon that you can autohide if you want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version