ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Upgrading RoboForm from v6 to v7: worthwhile?

<< < (10/22) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Roboform > Lastpass isn't a CSV import unfortunately - it is an HTML file.

Cloq:
I have sent my "plea" to Siber Systems asking if they will honor their "free" upgrades to existing customers prior to v.7.

I haven't seen anything official from them in regards to old customers who purchased software in good faith after experiencing what the product(s) does and "free" upgrades incentive.

I understand that "free" upgrades isn't a sustainable system but please think about your existing customers, at least grandfather in existing customers, make it time limited even (assuming company sent an email out saying something like new license change, please respond by x date to keep your old license system active).

Wonder if Siber Systems hosts an official forum ... hah! that would be a riot.  ;D

Cloq:
Official Answer from Siber System:
=----------------------------------------------------------------------------------=

" RoboForm ver 6 is still not requiring additional payments
and you can use it without any hindrance

RF ver 7 is a MAJOR upgrade and as such it requires new payment.

this is our 1st major upgrade in 6 years "

=----------------------------------------------------------------------------------=

Sooo... v2 thru v6 were just bug fixes?? umm.. dang.. I know something is wrong.. just not sure what.. >:(

Darwin:
 ;D

As documented above, I've paid the $9.95 to upgrade to Roboform Everywhere (though, again, at the time I really didn't know what I was upgrading to or for or why). I'm "sort of" glad that I did because I have a year to see what pans out and to look for alternatives. I don't use Firefox so going back to v.6 is always an option for me. I now own a Windows phone and would like to use Roboform on it as well. If over the coming year Siber systems gets an update to their Windows Mobile version that runs on WP7, I might stick with Roboform.

However, to stress this point:

I am seriously unimpressed with how this was handled and with the responses that I've seen from Siber Systems thus far. Roboform is ABSOLUTELY indispensible to me (I have 650 passcards that, as Carol's experiements show, will be VERY difficult and time consuming to transfer), so I can't afford to switch without being sure that its replacement will do the job. Ultimately, it's all about transparency - I don't mind paying a yearly fee - this was handled badly.

Bamse:
It is about money. Make upgrading to 7 free for <1 year old licenses and affordable for the rest, lets say 10-15$, and there would not be so many complaints. Their argument about much improved product would be heard and acknowledged. New business model would not be praised but accepted. There are not that many relevant alternatives to start with. Since they are idiots they dont understand. But of course if majority are sheeps with money or caught in a corner with 100s of passcards they might go, look at our sales before calling us idiots! Our tactic of keeping info to our self until the last moment has paid off.

My 2 licenses will not be used again but I still think Roboform is the best tool for this job. Lastpass is ok and will probably improve in a flash but I am annoyed about having to switch. Mostly based on principles of not dealing with ##%& :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version