ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Upgrading RoboForm from v6 to v7: worthwhile?

<< < (5/22) > >>

Darwin:
Wow! I stand corrected - I've just reviewed the v6 to v7 upgrade link on Siber System's site and see that I am wrong about Roboform upgrades. Not happy! However, I no longer recall if lifetime licensing was ever their policy? I suspect that they simply didn't charge for upgrades in the past, rather than having a stated lifetime license.

Dormouse:
There's no temptation for me to upgrade since I haven't used it in quite a while.
They are probably having to get a lot more out of each active user/customer now since I suspect the number of users has dropped a lot since the coming of Lastpass.

Bamse:
It is a 180 degree turn from them. Developers should not be locked in to year old optimistic promises but they could easily have made transition easier to accept. There is no choice other than to bend over.

There is a site called lifetimelicense.com or something like that. There a Roboform rep. say "In my 11 years at this company we have never charged for upgrades" blah blah. Without guaranteeing they have definitely sold Roboform on 1 time payment. Now all is changed, accept or find new tool. I would have chosen something in between if possible. Can see 7 is not just a polished 6 and also ok to pay for online sync but too many changes too fast :) Also they are idiots, at least marketing dep. is.

I bet 90% of non-business users would be more than happy with a limited 7, most probably also without any online bank. Feature like log-in to applications is for the few.

Site is Lifetimeupgrades.com - may be a scam but am sure I saw the quote there www.lifetimeupgrades.com I have also seen someone finding their old site in Google Cache where they clearly say "lifetime upgrades". Roboform acknowledge (on twitter) but say that was for older versions ;) New site, new version, new rules. Stupid way of dealing with customers.

CWuestefeld:
OK, so we're all agreeing that we're not very interested in paying for a RF7 upgrade.

As far as I can see, the alternatives are either LastPass or KeePass. I evaluated these some time ago. As 40hz said earlier, it doesn't seem right to store this stuff in a web service, so I eliminated LastPass. I installed KeePass, but I was entirely unable to get any browser integration to work at all.

Does anybody know of a tutorial on how to get KeePass to integrate with the web browser?

40hz:
I installed KeePass, but I was entirely unable to get any browser integration to work at all.
-CWuestefeld (December 17, 2010, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 (I think it's broken.)

FWIW I have never been able to get that feature to work reliably either. And that's despite doing exactly what they tell you to do.

So yeah...if anybody has any insights on how to fix this I'd be glad to hear about it too.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version