ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Upgrading RoboForm from v6 to v7: worthwhile?

<< < (22/22)

Darwin:
It has to be re-stated: my position is that Siber Systems are entirely within their rights to change their licensing policy. That said, the way in which they went about it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

FWIW, I wrote a detailed note about why I was dropping Roboform when I uninstalled it (the uninstaller takes you to a webpage and your are prompted to fill out a survey). I left my name and e-mail and have never heard a word from them. Perhaps I should write to them directly, as Josh did...

LastPass works fine for me, but I do find that I miss Roboform occasionally. Mostly this comes down to the GUI - I'm "relearning" the ropes. I've yet to find a site that it won't work with, though.

rjbull:
Mentioned by Keith Russell in the Yahoo! Group PowerToolsSoftware: PC Magazine review of LastPass 1.72.

Brief mentions of RoboForm Pro 6.9, Kaspersky Password Manager 4, Identity Safe (a feature of Norton Internet Security 2011), Norton 360 Version 4.0, Steganos Privacy Suite 12, Encrypt Stick 5.0, SplashID Key Safe

Carol Haynes:
I've yet to find a site that it won't work with, though.
-Darwin (February 01, 2011, 09:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I found a few so far - but mostly they are to do with imports from RoboForm. LastPass seems to be a bit more specific on URL than RoboForm so that just having the root page of a website stored isn't sufficient to fill in a deeper login page - you need the actual page.

Actually one of the things I am finding hugely good in LastPass - and means I won't be going back to RoboForm - is the "My LastPass Vault" button (I use the toolbar version in Firefox).

Clicking opens up all of your login cards but all the common ones are listed under Recent at the top - just clicking on the link takes you to the webpage and logs in automatically. If you are looking for a specific non-recent login just type a couple of letters from the site name and up pop any cards associated with the site.

Darwin:
I, too, have found a few sites that haven't migrated 100% from Roboform into LastPass. Overall, though, I'm hugely impressed with LastPass. I keep downloading the installers for the updates to Roboform, but have yet to install them. The temptation is dimishing quickly, as well.

EDIT: typo

jpfx:
I was fed up with robos licensing and moved to lastpass/xmarks (at least for a year).
lastpass has been okay, though I have the same problems with flash based logins.
but at least I can install it on my pcs... at work, and on my android tablet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version