ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I wish I'd had this when I was learning physics

<< < (2/4) > >>

hegearon:
Nice find! Hope it will help me in the near future. Thanks!

superboyac:
Those lectures on youtube from Walter Lewin are brilliant.  Absolutely brilliant.  Very good example of why the top tier schools are so sought after.  I watched most of his electrical series of lectures and they were truly inspiring.  Unbelievable guy, I even emailed him once.  In my opinion, he's just as good as Feynmann.

Also, in case you haven't heard of it by now, check out the Khan academy video series for anything math related.  Another set of top notch, astounding, I can't even use enough adjectives here...videos covering math that are explained so well, you are left wondering why people think this is hard.  But it's simply because the presentation and teaching skills are off the charts.
http://www.khanacademy.org/

AndyM:
Khan academy video series for anything math related-superboyac (December 15, 2010, 09:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
And more than just math.  Just did a little biochemistry refreshing, much easier than I thought it would be.
Another set of top notch, astounding, I can't even use enough adjectives here...

--- End quote ---
:up:

40hz:
+1 on the MIT courses. I've done three so far and they've all been superb.  :-*

Back in April, the Open Culture website put up a list of links to 250 free online courses offered by major universities. AFAIK, they're all still working. Link here

----##----

Addendum:

And if you're into music, The Berklee College of Music in Boston has some excellent free courseware available here.

superboyac:
I had a high school teacher that, while not as good as Walter Lewin, was close.  And for high school, I consider that a blessing.  He got National teacher of the year at one point.  None of my profs in college were even close to that good, and we're talking UC Berkeley.  I've recently learned that there is a very large gap between a very good school, and a great school.  And an even larger gap between the great professors and good professors.  THere's something extremely inspirational about teachers like Lewin and Khan.  You listen to them talk about things that you ALREADY know, but somehow it inspires you and creates ideas for you.  These people are my most treasured resources in life.  GUys like that, even the knowledgeable people here, Stephen Fry...they create ideas for you, which is a powerful thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version